Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[SOLVED] Collab is not downloading entire project or commits.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by overlordgamestudio, Aug 25, 2017.

1. overlordgamestudio

overlordgamestudio

Yesterday, after a commit from one of my team members, collab started behaving oddly. I am unable to download, roll back or restore any commits or even the entire project. I've tried from various computers and locations (with different connections) and the result is always the same. The amount of packages downloaded is out of sync with the amount of data (mb) downloaded and when the number of packages reaches the total, the download will stop and Unity will try to load the project, even if only 25% of the project was downloaded. (see pictures)

I tried removing the entire project from the cloud and sending it again under a new name and PID and the results are exactly the same. I was able to upload the whole project (999mb) but I can't download it anywhere.

What should I do? I'm using Unity 2017.1.0.4p (Pro) and I tried upgrading to 5p as well but nothing changed. I tried deleting the Collab folder and all the possible solutions I could find...

Attached Files:

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @overlordgamestudio! When Unity finishes downloading and importing your assets, are you missing parts of your project? Is your project empty after you download it from the cloud? Have you tried restarting Unity, opening the Collab Toolbar and pressing Update Now if the option is available? Could you also send me a PM with your latest UPID for the project so we can look for errors on the server side?

3. overlordgamestudio

overlordgamestudio

When Unity finishes downloading and importing the assets, everything is there but no completely... the files are physically there but corrupted or without any data... I have tried restarting unity many times and pressing Update but the result is always the same.

I'll PM you the UPID right away.

Thank you for the quick response!

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

No problem! We're currently looking into an issue that came up after a recent rollout to our South American servers. We'll update you as soon as there's more info. I'm really sorry about the inconvenience.

5. dtakahas

dtakahas

Hi @overlordgamestudio. We were able to identify a problem in our cache in South America and reset it. If you re-download the project from "In the Cloud" on any affected computers, it should fix the problem. Please let us know if you are still seeing issues after that.

This also applies to anyone else in the South America region who may have run into similar issues.

6. overlordgamestudio

overlordgamestudio

@dtakahas and @ryanc-unity Thank you guys! Everything is back to normal!

Thank you for the quick help!

Ryan-Unity likes this.