Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Collab: feature simple adding number to project version

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by RARgames, Oct 31, 2017.

1. RARgames

RARgames

Is there any way to add a collab update number to playerSettings/other settings/version?
    I mean I will set up version to x.x. and after second dot (unity plugin?) will add collab update number when building.

If anyone know similar method to automatically update version, please let me know. :)

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @RARgames! While Collaborate does not have this information on its own, used with Cloud Build it is possible to get this value. You'd need to enable both Collaborate and Cloud Build to use this option. Cloud Build injects a manifest file into your build so that you can access certain values at runtime. You can read more about them here: (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityCloudBuildManifest.html). Try checking the `scmCommitId` and `buildNumber` values for getting the Collab update number.

3. RARgames

RARgames

Thanks for fast reply.

I found everything I need about getting collab update number and it works. It would be better for me to just get the collab number without the use of cloud build, but I guess it's not possible right now.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017