Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Can't publish prefabs (MD5 does not match)

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Bfraley, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Bfraley

Bfraley

Im working with two other people in Unity collaborate and whenever one of us tries to publish a change that involves creating a prefab we get an error (MD5 does not match). What does this mean and how do we fix it?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Bfraley! I'm sorry you're running into this issue. The majority of the time this issue comes from a race condition when the MD5 hash of a file doesn't finish calculating before Collab tries to upload it. This is often fixed with trying to Publish again shortly after the error, though it sounds like you've already tried that. Our service was experiencing higher than normal errors earlier. Could you try publishing again and see if you're still running into the same issue please?

3. Bfraley

Bfraley

I have tried but it is giving me the same error. I also noticed Im getting an error in the console every so often

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Collections.Stack.Pop () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/Stack.cs:329)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.EndLayoutGroup () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:323)
    UnityEditor.HostView.EndOffsetArea () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:200)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:248)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:407)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/IMGUIContainer.cs:103)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement finalTarget) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/IMGUIContainer.cs:140)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (IStylePainter painter) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/IMGUIContainer.cs:36)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, Matrix4x4 offset, Rect currentClip, Matrix4x4 clipTransform, Rect currentGlobalClip) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/Panel.cs:390)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, Matrix4x4 offset, Rect currentClip, Matrix4x4 clipTransform, Rect currentGlobalClip) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/Panel.cs:398)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/Panel.cs:411)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (IVisualElementPanel panel) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/UIElementsUtility.cs:203)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (Int32 instanceID, IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/UIElementsUtility.cs:67)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (Int32 instanceID, IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUIUtility.cs:186)

This will pop up once every minute or so. Im not sure if it is related but it might give more information.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thanks for trying to Publish again and for including the other errors you're seeing.

Did you create the prefab by dragging the object out of the Scene View into the Project window? Could you try creating the Prefab in the Project window first and then dragging the object from the Scene into the Prefab, then see if that publishes? If that doesn't work then you may need to Restore to your latest revision and recreate your Prefab before you can Publish again.

5. idchlife

idchlife

Hello! First of all thank you for collaboration platform it's insane!

Unfortunately I stumbled upon same error :( Is there way to fix it? I did a lot of changes, not only with prefabs etc. Added many images etc.

I also have git repository connected to project, can there be a conflict due to it?

If not, how do I get rid of this error?

6. bp_icunha

bp_icunha

Same things is happening to me right now. Is there a fix please?

7. Andrearo04

Andrearo04

Hello! Even i face the same error "MD5 dosen't match", could you please guid with a solution to fix to, Thank you

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @bp_icunha and @Andrearo04! I'm sorry you're both experiencing this error. Could you please submit a support ticket here so that we can help unblock you?

9. AlexisDiStefano

AlexisDiStefano

Ive just sent a ticket, im running into this and I need to update my changes :/

10. Ebgamer678

Ebgamer678

make sure the prefab has a class on it

11. multimediamarkers

multimediamarkers

Even when i put a class on the prefab i can't publish my project anymore. What can i do @Unity so i can publish and build again. I need to deliver tomorrow the project to the customer!!!!

12. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @multimediamarkers! A possible workaround is to make a small change on the prefab that has the mismatched MD5 and retry your publish. That should allow all of your changes to be taken. Let me know if that worked for you.

ocnenued and DDeathlonger like this.
  13. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

14. multimediamarkers

multimediamarkers

@DDeathlonger ... sorry i didnt respond ... but your advice did the trick! Thanks!

DDeathlonger and Ryan-Unity like this.
  15. ocnenued

ocnenued

Just browsed editor logs, spotted the problematic file, made some changes (moved file into another folder) and saved it => successful upload. Thank you ryan.

16. andre_6865

andre_6865

Restarting PC solved it for me