Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Can't maintain listing on matchmaking server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TheMadChemist, Mar 2, 2017.

1. TheMadChemist

TheMadChemist

The matchmaking service appears to work, initially, upon creating a new match. However, within a minute or so, the listing no longer appears when calling listMatches. I also checked the dashboard and I can see the CCUs drop to zero. Since this all deals with code I cannot see, any suggestions on what might be causing this? Thanks.

2. TheMadChemist

TheMadChemist

Good news, no bugs here. In the match "matchMaker.CreateMatch" call, I added a custom callback function "OnInternetMatchCreate". The default parameter for the callback is "null", so I assumed it was an optional callback. However, the "OnMatchCreate" function must be called. Since I used a different name for the callback, it didn't throw a warning for failing to override the base class function. It appears to be essential to call the base class OnMatchCreate function in order for the match maker to continue to function properly.

SOLVED by adding "base.OnMatchCreate(success, extendedInfo, matchInfoNew);" to custom create match callback. Note, I renamed local parameter to "matchInfoNew" since "matchInfo" is a member variable name.