Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Cant Collab, says "Ask organisation owner for access to Unity Teams"

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MadeFromPolygons, Jan 14, 2018.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

As title says, I cannot collab as it says "Ask organisation owner for access to Unity Teams" yet on the dashboard it says project has access, and members have access. Cant seem to work out what to do and refreshing does nothing.

lavindeepdhillon likes this.
  2. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Daemonhahn

If you are getting this message, it means that you are working on a project in an organization for which you don't have Unity Teams access. The organization owner/manager needs to go to:

1) https://id.unity.com
    2) Click on the organization that the project is in
    3) Select their Unity Teams subscription
    4) In the "Manage Seats" tab, assign you a seat.

Let us know if that doesn't work or if you have additional questions.

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Just so you know, this was a bug as restarting PC stopped this. Didnt do anything different in Org settings etc.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for letting us know about this, @Daemonhahn! I'm glad that restart fixed the issue for you. Let us know if you have any more issues.

5. virgilcwyile

virgilcwyile

For me even the restart isn't helping.

6. virgilcwyile

virgilcwyile

How can you help me with this same bug?

7. virgilcwyile

virgilcwyile

Wow something just happened and started working. Not sure what happened. But this took my 1 hour jut to restart my system and still it didnt work :( . I think there should be less constraints to check to see if I am actually part of the project or not.

8. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @virgilcwyile - If you think that you are getting this message "Ask the organization owner for access to Unity Teams" in error (i.e. you have a Unity Team seat), can you try the following:

1. Open the Unity editor.
    2. Open your project.
    3. At the top right of the editor open the Account dropdown and click on Sign Out
    4. In the same Account dropdown, click on Sign In and re-enter your credentials.

gareth_withVR and tomshumphries like this.
  9. Tegleg

Tegleg

just started happening here. yesterday collab and multiplayer was working fine.
    on the unity services dashboard (website) its suddenly not letting me do anything with the project.
    the page flashes up a couple of times for a split second and goes to the main projects page
    saying, in red:

"unable to get org users for the project (-1)"
    "unable to get project users permission (-1)"
    "unable to load projects (-1)"

manage seats is fine
    signed out and back in on the unity editor
    restarted editor
    still not working

10. Pixsaoul

Pixsaoul

Hello,
    I have the same issues than Tegleg.
    It worked perfectly yesterday and no one changed anything on our team since then.
    All the team member have this issue. We are all using Unity Personnal.
    I have this issue on all the team I am in.

Thanks !

sobek likes this.
  11. Ma55L

Ma55L

Same problem here - i can't even access my own projects in my browser.
    When i open them im getting redirected back to the project page and i see error messages for a few seconds before:

Unable to get Project Users Permissions. (-1)
    Unable to get permissions for the project. (-1)
    Unable to load projects. (-1)

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  12. xE150D

xE150D

EXACTLY the same here!

I FIXED IT: Liek mentioned above, jsut sign out of your unity editor and sign in again!

gareth_withVR likes this.
  13. multimediamark

multimediamark

We keep getting this same error and we're a part of Unity teams. Singing out and in doesn't help

14. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Can you double check that you have a Unity Teams seat in the organization that the project is in? It's possible that the project you are trying to work on is in a different organization.

This post might be helpful for identifying the issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/having-trouble-accessing-a-collaborate-project.514693/

15. the_lemur

the_lemur

I made the project, collab'd, updated and shared it. Now it says I don't have access.

Maybe it happened when my computer went to sleep with Unity on. That also temporarily kills the VPN. Restarting Unity didn't help. Maybe restarting the PC will.

16. the_lemur

the_lemur

Worked after closing VPN and restarting Unity. Check your VPNs.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  17. chencanwd1220

chencanwd1220

I have the same issue. upload_2019-12-31_10-46-32.png
    After clicking this I am taken to upload_2019-12-31_10-48-10.png .
    I have tried to:
    1, close vpn
    2, re-sign in to unity in both hub and editor
    3, restart my computer
    4, turn off my computer and start it the next day
    None of them worked. We have noticed that:
    upload_2019-12-31_10-52-6.png
    I don't have the unity teams basic in the group section, but I don't know how to add it. If I go to the register page of teams, I can either see my own team with teams basic or create new organizations.

Help, please
    Thanks

Attached Files:

18. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @chencanwd1220, I'm sorry that you're having issues using Unity Teams. Let me try to help. Go to your list of Organizations on https://id.unity.com/en/organizations/. From there, click on the Organization that you are trying to configure. On the details page, under the Subscriptions section, you should see a listing for Unity Teams Basic. Click on Unity Teams Basic to see a list of all members in your Organization and which of them have a Unity Teams seat. You can also assign and revoke seats to them from this page.

19. HiddenDreamer67

HiddenDreamer67

I am having this issue as well. We have a class organization with Unity Teams Advanced. I have checked that students on a project all are members of the Organization as well as have a Unity Teams Seat on the project, and originally the students could all access the project just fine, however now one of my students when he tries to start collab is given an error message "You need owner privilege to enable or disable collab". It's especially odd because collab is already enabled and the student has previously pushed to collab for this project.

ameree2 likes this.
  20. ameree2

ameree2

I'm having similar problems. Projects and organizations that were working fine suddenly are telling me I don't have unity team access set for the organization

21. SeanBannister

SeanBannister

For anyone else having this issue when first setting up a project, I realized you have to click the button that says "off" to turn it "on". In either the services section or under Project Settings.... Services.... Collaborate...

lfischbe likes this.