Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Can't access a bunch of inspector properties on TextMeshPro - Text

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Alex-Gama, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Alex-Gama

Alex-Gama

I'm not sure if I'm being dumb with this since I've never used TextMeshPro before but after importing the essential files and adding a new 3D Object -> Text - TextMeshPro, I get the giant "Sample text" on my screen but I can't seem to edit the text or font size fields. I can add a new font fine and edit all the material properties for it. I can mess with the alignment, vertex colour, font style, auto size, etc. yet font size and text are completely uneditable which is a bit frustrating for wanting to set easy default values and see what the font is like properly. I can set the text through a simple script but this is a bit of a hacky way of getting around this and I'd prefer to be able to test with the inspector rather than scripts.

Edit: While I can select auto size, I can't change the options for it like min. It seems like the problem is entirely with textfields which I can't seem to edit.

Thanks!

2. Alex-Gama

Alex-Gama

Just tested with a completely blank project and I had no problem editing the text and font size fields at all. There must be something that's causing an issue but I'm unsure what it could be. I have a normal TextMesh that I'm using but I can't imagine how that would be causing issues. Any ideas?

3. Alex-Gama

Alex-Gama

Weird it turned out I couldn't edit any text fields at all no matter what component they were on. Ended up closing my project and reopening and it all works fine now.