Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Cannot download entry

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MartinIsla, May 14, 2018.

1. MartinIsla

MartinIsla

I'm trying to pull some audio files my partner published a few days ago and I get "Cannot download entry".

Tried pulling multiple times, restarting Unity, restarting my computer and nothing.

Googled and apparently it happened in the past and it was caused by server issues. I had "server issues" last week too. I'm really super chill about everything, but Collab is making me lose money, guys, it's time I can't work, time I can't bill. What can we do?

Here's Editor log in that area

[Collab 2018-0514 16:35:31 GMT][Error] 'Cannot download entry' (27) returned in 'C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Src/Collab/Requests/DownloadRequests.cpp' at line 80
    [Collab 2018-0514 16:35:31 GMT] DownloadEntryRequest failed, Reason: 404 Url: https://collab.cloud.unity3d.com/ap...cache/source/51d7d3bcf23dca22224aae175f4bedd5 Result:
    [Collab 2018-0514 16:35:31 GMT][Error] 'Cannot download entry' (27) returned in 'C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Src/Collab/Jobs/CollabUpdateAsyncJob.cpp' at line 1212

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. dtakahas

dtakahas

Hi Tiiiincho,

Sorry to hear you're encountering this. Could you try the following? If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us at collabsupport@unity3d.com.

1. Close the editor
    2. Delete the file located at `[project-root-folder]\Library\Collab\CollabSnapshot_[project-id].txt`
    3. Reopen the editor to regenerate this file
    4. Attempt the update again

Thanks!

boulakhoury, Veizzie and shavezmalick like this.
  3. MartinIsla

MartinIsla

Thanks for your help!
    That certainly worked. It wanted me to push changes that basically deleted everything my partner uploaded, but I just reverted those "changes" (I never really had those files) and the files downloaded in my project.

Did we do something wrong? Just so I can avoid this error in the future!

4. dtakahas

dtakahas

Do you have any other source control (like git) or file syncing (like Dropbox) running in parallel with Collaborate? Sometimes that can cause this issue.

Copying the project via USB stick or things like that can do it too. We're working on some changes that will eliminate the need for this snapshot file and make the system more resilient to stuff like that.

If you don't have any of those situations, please let me know and we'd love to dig into it further.

5. MartinIsla

MartinIsla

I don't use other file syncing or source control with this project!
    Only thing that changed (that comes to my mind, at least) is Unity logged me out after updating Windows (it always logs me out after updating Windows). Maybe it was on my partner's side?

6. Little_Narwhal_13

Little_Narwhal_13

Im unfortunately encountering the same problem but deleting the Collab Snapshot does not work for me.... Weirdly, I have 4 updates to download from my collaborator, but the first two work just fine while the last two do not (Cannot download entry) and I tried looking if anything special came with them but it doesnt seem like it, just some new sprites, animation changes and script changes...

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Little_Narwhal_13, if deleting your Collab Snapshot file and restarting your project didn't fix the error, then try closing your project, deleting your entire Collab folder where the snapshot file is kept, and reopening it again. If that doesn't work then you may need to re-download your entire project. :(

8. BasementDwellers

BasementDwellers

I have the same issue, deleted the snapshot and everything, deleted the collab folder completely, and after it still didn't work redownloaded the entire project, and after that didn't work uninstalled all of Unity and re-installed and am still getting the same error message.

FariAnderson likes this.
  9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @BasementDwellers, I'm sorry that you've been dealing with this issue too. If it's still not working for you after trying all of those workarounds then can you please get in touch with our Support team so that we can investigate this issue further? You can do that by doing the following:

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

10. techtoid

techtoid

Hey Thanks this seems to be working but i noticed its now redownloading the entire project.
    I'm guessing that is correct. My question does cloud storage only work with what you upload or does download also count towards the cloud limit?

11. FariAnderson

FariAnderson

i just had the same issue, so i backed up my assets, deleted them all from project folder, then reopened Editor and Synced, it worked, after that overwritten the assets with those i had backed up and published them.