Search Unity

[Solved] Can the IAP share purchases across devices?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Ultroman, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultroman

Ultroman

If a user buys an unlock on his Android phone, can I let him have the unlock on his iOS device too, in one purchase? Or does he have to buy it on each device he wants to play on?

I'm thinking of releasing my game for free, and then give the players the option to unlock the full version using IAP, but if he buys it on one platform, I don't want him to have to buy it on another platform. Will that work?

2. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

You can't share the IAP itself, but if you have a server that tracks a users profile then they can simply login and all their unlocked items will appear on all devices. However, I believe there are rules on iOS about sharing virtual currency across multiple platforms, Apple are worried you'll circumvent their store by allowing people to buy credits for your app from outside their ecosystem. I'm not 100% sure if this rule still exists so please look it up.

Ultroman likes this.
  3. Ultroman

Ultroman

Thanks for the answer. I'm pretty sure Apple hasn't gone back on that rule, but I'll check. I was hoping Unity might let me combine purchases, giving an equal percentage of the money to the included stores of my choosing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.