Search Unity

Bug [SOLVED] Camera A\D movement + RMB rotation in Scene view is extremely broken

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Artaani, Jul 2, 2020.

?

Do you have this issue?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2020.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Artaani

Artaani

I forgot to check for a new LTS version, in 2019.4.2 this issue already fixed.

================================================================

Unity version:

2019.4.0f1

OS version:
    Windows 10

How to reproduce:
    1. Create a clean project
    2. Create a cube in the scene
    3. Select it and press F to focus view on it
    4. In "Scene" view, press and hold A or D button in order to move camera left on right, and while holding a button, also hold right mouse button and move the mouse left or right in order to rotate a camera and keep the cube at the center of the screen.

Now you will notice that movement of the cube on the screen will be extremely laggy \ twitchy \ shaking \ shivering.

In order to make this effect more noticeable - disable "Camera acceleration" in the "Settings of the scene view camera". But this issues exist even if this option is enabled.

Additionally, sometimes movement of camera will continue for a 1-2 seconds even after pressed button on keyboard will be released. But this additional issue happens now always and I am not sure about exact reproduction steps. Seems like it happens more often in heavy scenes with a lot of objects and low FPS (30 or lower)

Additional info:
    Tested on 3 different computers.
    On the two computers - this issues exist.
    On the third computer - it works fine.

Additional info 2:
    How this is even possible?!
    This is LTS version, it supposed to be fully stable and polished, but there is a super annoying bug related to one of the most basic feature of an editor - camera control.
    This bug makes workflow in 2019 version extremely not comfortable and Unity seems terribly broken due that.

It should be fixed ASAP.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    DDDimanN79 and Romenics like this.
  2. valarnur

valarnur

What about 2019.4.2?

Artaani likes this.
  3. - 2019.4.2f1 is the latest
    - it is super-smooth for me, but I have a trackball, and I noticed that if I turn off camera easing, the movement of my thumb contributes more when the movement occurs, it is possible that your mouse is causing this? Also check the scene camera settings, you may be able to mitigate the problem there

Artaani likes this.
  4. Artaani

Artaani

Good point! Sorry, I forgot to check for a new LTS version, and indeed, in 2019.4.2 this issue already fixed.
    Thanks!