Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question [SOLVED] Built-in: Kernel at index (0) is invalid

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Shushustorm, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

Hey everyone!

Got a 2020 LTS install, read it was quite stable, I think it's 2020.3; but I get some issues with compute kernels on macOS, MBP 2015.

For one, when playing a VFX created with VFX Graph (just the basic new unedited VFX) it shows "Kernel at index (0) is invalid" 999+ times.

Also, I can't get post processing stack v2 to run. Not completely sure if related, but there are a number of .compute as well.

I got VFX to run when I install HDRP, but I need built-in. Does built-in have trouble with compute kernels in general? Can I install HD, but use built-in? Have to say, HD does seems to slow things down considerably, though.

Best wishes,
    Shu

EDIT:
    Seems like VFX Graph is not supported for built-in. Not sure about post processing, still, but I guess it's not related after all, then.
    EDIT2:
    Sorted the post processing out as well. You need a volume even if you don't use volume blending. Just set it to global.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023