Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Build hangs on AOT Cross Compile

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Vibs_appit, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Vibs_appit

Vibs_appit

Hi folks,

I was trying to build my project on my ipad, but the process stalls at AOT cross-compile. I tried changing setiings, stripping levels etc but no avail. Does anyone might have any clues as to what might be going on? Unity stops responding as soon as it reaches the AOT cross compile stage. Attached screenshot is of the frozen window.

I am building it on Windows 8.1 with Unity 5b14. Just for the sake of it, I am now downloading the mac version and will test building it on mac as well.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update: I thought it might be something in my project, but it hangs even for an empty project. I wonder if it has anything to do with the file my avast blocked during install. I might try re installing the Unity with Avast off. Let's see.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Vibs_appit

Vibs_appit

It's confirmed. Beware of Avast (if you are a user) while installing Unity. Turn it off. Or it will block and delete a couple of files which lead me to this issue.

3. Vibs_appit

Vibs_appit

It appears that Avast does not like the AOT cross compiler afterall. It still freezes Unity on AOT step. Maybe it's the deepscan feature, but if I build after disabling the active shields, it builds happily. I have added unity as an exception, but it still does that. Annoying.