Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Blur distant object in camera view?

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Inferi, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Inferi

Inferi

Hi all.

How do I blur object after a custom distance from the camera.

Example:
    If I look at a sign from 1000 meters , it should be blurred out, but if I look at the same sign from 5 meters, it will be clear and sharp.

Any ideas?

2. Thrawn75

Thrawn75

I think you’re referring to Depth of Field with a fixed focal point.

3. Inferi

Inferi

I have tried PostProcessing Depth of Field, but cant get it to work . It always blurs to close to the camera, no matter how I set it. It blurs from bottom as from the above.
    From 0 to about 1000 meters it should be clear/sharp and then slowly be blurred.

4. Thrawn75

Thrawn75

I see. Beautify's DoF includes additional control settings for "foreground" blur (objects between focal point and camera) so you can have near objects always crisp.

5. Inferi

Inferi

Ah, sadly to expensive for me right now :( . But thanks for the tip :)

6. Inferi

Inferi

I used the old DoF " from Old standard Assets Effects " and that still seem to work.

7. TeddyGad

TeddyGad

I'm having the same problem w/ the latest post processing DOF- no mater what setting combination I try, it doesn't blur out the background while keeping the foreground in focus- it doesn't seem to have adequate controls

8. Inferi

Inferi

Yes, I got it to work with the Legacy Image Effects. You can download that from the store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/legacy-image-effects-83913

unityunity