Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Beta Collaborate projects with more than 3 members

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Deleted User, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello! I use Unity in a small student group at University. We simulate robots' behaviour and test self-learning algorithms. We were really happy once Collaborate Beta was introduced, it's a great built-in feature which made our communication much easier.

Yesterday I noticed Collaborate is out of beta and will become paid feature for some projects in the future. I was surprised since I didn't receive any information about it via email. We didn't notice anything weird in previous months, right now everything works just fine like before.

Our project is small in size: only 4 MBs, but we have 7 people connected to it (all of them are owners). Unity Teams web page suggests me to activate trial (so it seems like it's not active, I'm not sure though, since I saw October, 31 as date of support ending).

It also seems that new Collaborate is part of 2017 release which explains why everything works like before. Currently I use Unity 5.5.2f1.

I wonder what should I do next and till when? Should I remove all members, but three? Should I do it manually or Unity will help me once it's time? And should I manually reinstall Unity in case to get latest updates?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  2. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi -

More communications about Unity Teams will be coming soon.

Unity Teams will continue to be free until Jan 9, 2018, which is why everything is continuing to work for you.

By Jan 9, 2018, you’ll need to take action in order to prevent interruption to your service.

By default, Unity Personal organizations receive Unity Teams Basic for free. This subscription allows you to collaborate with 3 members of your organization for free. You can manage the members of your organizations and assign Unity Teams Basic seats at https://id.unity.com. Choose your organization, select “Subscriptions & Services” and choose “Manage Seats” for your Unity Teams Basic subscription.

If you need to collaborate with more than 3 teams members, you need to sign-up for Unity Teams Advanced. You can do that by going to https://unity3d.com/teams and choosing the number of seats you need during the sign-up process. Unity Teams Advanced starts with a 30-day free trial.

Once you’ve signed up for Unity Teams Advanced, you can assign seats for this subscription at https://id.unity.com. Choose your organization, select “Subscriptions & Services” and choose “Manage Seats” for your Unity Teams Advanced subscription.

Additionally, if you have Unity Plus or Unity Pro, all members of your organization that have a Plus or Pro seat will be able to use Unity Teams and collaborate with each other. However, this is only for users that sign-up for Plus or Pro before January 31, 2018.

Finally, since you are using 5.5.2f1, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to 2017.1 or 2017.2. There are a lot of bug fixes and improvements to Collaborate in these versions of the editor. Collaborate is still considered to be in beta for versions of Unity prior to 2017.1.

John

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you for your detailed answer!
    I upgraded this evening. Don't know how I could've miss 2 major releases.

So, if I understood you correctly, I can keep using Collaborate with all 7 current members for free until Jan 9, 2018 in Unity 2017.2? And then I'll need to remove all of them but 3 in order to continue work with Collaborate?

4. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, that's correct. You can keep using Collaborate with all 7 current members for free until Jan 9, 2018 in Unity 2017.2. After that, only the 3 that have Unity Teams Basic seats (you need to manage at https://id.unity.com) will be able to use Collaborate unless you sign up for Unity Teams Advanced.

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you very much!