Search Unity

[SOLVED] Beta 20 - if pixelsPerUnit is now readonly, how to make text not blurry?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Melang, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Melang

Melang

UPD: Nevermind, I'm stupid, I didn't build before testing and was switching the resolutions in editor. Everything works fine.

To fix the well-known blurry text problem I am using a solution based on this suggestion by runevision (it worked pretty well). In Beta 20 I haven't noticed any improvement in text scaling, but it's alright if only I could still use that solution, but I can't because pixelsPerUnit is readonly now... Should I just skip this version or did I miss something that improves the text scaling?

(on the attached screen there's a v19 with a fix suggested by runevision vs v20 without it. Scaled to 1920x1080 from reference resolution 1280x720 )
    multires.png

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    rakkarage likes this.
  2. Melang

Melang

Bump. Would really like to use beta 20 since it has nice stuff like right mouse click.

3. runevision

runevision

Is this a world space canvas or a screen space canvas?

For world space canvases you can adjust the pixel density of all text in the canvas using Canvas.scaleFactor.
    For screen space canvases in beta 20 and forward, Text objects always use 1 texel per pixel on the screen (assuming the text is aligned with the plane of the canvas.