Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Best practices for Asset Store packages when using Collaborate and .collabignore?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by VampireLestat, Dec 6, 2018.

1. VampireLestat

VampireLestat

I have a project that I am about to start with one other developer and we would like to try using Collaborate. When I have used it myself for syncing across two of my PCs, I always add Asset Store packages to the .collabignore file so they don't take up space on the server and eat up my 1GB limit. This has worked just fine for me since I am logged in with the same user account on both machines.

My question is when I share the project with the other developer with their own user account, can I still use .collabignore for the Asset Store projects and have each of us import them from the store locally? I wasn't sure whether this would cause any issues with having different uuids for each of us or something. These are all either free assets (like Standard Assets) or assets that both of us have purchased licenses for (like Gaia).

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @VampireLestat, thank you for your question! Yes, you can still use .collabignore on your Asset Store projects and have both of you import them locally without running into any issues like you could when just developing with yourself across multiple machines.

VampireLestat likes this.
  3. VampireLestat

VampireLestat

Awesome, thanks for the quick response!

Ryan-Unity likes this.