Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Attach field to camera

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Eulmiac, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Eulmiac

Eulmiac

Hi Unity Community,
    Sorry in advance if my question seems stupid, I'm very new to all this...
    I use the vfx graph to create a static particle system onto a point cached photoscanned mesh of several million points.
    Let's say I would like to apply a force on my particles but only inside a spherical field parented to my camera. Any idea of where I should start ?
    THX a lot !

2. coskuturhan

coskuturhan

Add a Sphere collider inside the Update section of your VFX graph. Create a position vec3 exposed parameter, tie that to the position of the sphere collider. On your vfx graph game object add a "vfx property binder" script component in the inspector. Drag your camera to the input of the binder and pipe it to your position property. This will make sure the sphere collider travels with the camera.

3. Eulmiac

Eulmiac

Thanks for this reply !
    It seems I can get it to work, first the exposed parameter doesnt affect the collider and then in the binder I can't select the property with the little "v" and when I type it it still says that the binding is not correctly configure...

-EDIT-

The Position property in the vfx blackboard gives me a response in the collide block and I can select it in the Binder but still doesn't work... (Still not able to attach the sphere to the cam)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  4. coskuturhan

coskuturhan

Can you send the screenshot of your setup in VFX and your binding script?

5. Eulmiac

Eulmiac

there we go

Attached Files:

• 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      408.2 KB
      Views:
  6. coskuturhan

coskuturhan

Try a transfrom parameter and transform VFX binder.

7. Eulmiac

Eulmiac

ALL GREEN ! Thanks a lot !