Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] 'AssetImporters' does not exist

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by Naomi_A_Virtual, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Naomi_A_Virtual

Naomi_A_Virtual

Hello,

I've been using 2019.2.0f1 for one of my VR projects. Since recently I downloaded the TiltBrush SDK, I've been having compiler errors and none of the builds would go through (but it plays perfectly in the editor). Here are some examples of the error in the console window:

Assets\TiltBrush\Scripts\Editor\Glb1Importer.cs(23,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'AssetImporters' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Assets\TiltBrush\Scripts\Editor\Glb1Importer.cs(28,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ScriptedImporter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\TiltBrush\Scripts\Editor\GammaSettings.cs(22,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EditorWindow' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Was the 'AssetImporters' taken out of this version of 'Experimental'? Or did I save something under the wrong directory?

Would really appreciate help from the forum.

Best,
    Naomi

p.s. Here is a section of the error code in Glb1Importer.cs
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using Object = UnityEngine.Object;
    2. #if UNITY_2017_1_OR_NEWER
    3. using System;
    4. using System.IO;
    6. using UnityEngine;
    7. using UnityEditor;
    8. using UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters;
    ==========