Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Asset with MIT license

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Anastasia-Devana, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Anastasia-Devana

Anastasia-Devana

(Hoping that someone from Unity can chime in)

Reading the Submission Guidelines, specifically point 1.1.1, it seems that an MIT license should be allowed for a free asset:

"Submissions of free products that you, the submitter, have developed and are providing open sourced through other sites, will be allowed to include a EULA. As long as that content meets all other applicable requirements of this doc, is perpetually free and that EULA is compatible with our own. The compatible licenses that we mainly allow are MIT, BSD 3-Clause, and Apache. "

However my asset submission was rejected by the automatic testing with the following message:

"We cannot accept this package because it contains an independent license for your files. All packages on the Asset Store are protected by the “Asset Store End User License Agreement”. Other files or licenses that conflict with this End User License Agreement are not allowed within packages on the Asset Store."

Any ideas on how to proceed with this?

2. yasirkula

yasirkula

3. Antypodish

Antypodish

What do you include in your asset?
    Maybe there is something, that conflicts.
    Any 3rd party img, cs, dlls, sounds, etc., besides MIT?

4. Anastasia-Devana

Anastasia-Devana

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

I briefly checked repo. I only suspect, that Plugins/iOS directory triggered watchdog. Basically iOS. But better wait, for someone official to respond.

Anastasia-Devana likes this.
  6. LaneFox

LaneFox

Lots of MIT stuff is on the store. Try replying to the email for a more specific reason on rejection.

7. Anastasia-Devana

Anastasia-Devana

In case anyone comes across this - I did respond to the rejection email and they told me to resubmit, and the asset has been approved.

Antypodish likes this.