Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Ask the Organization owner for access to Unity Teams

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Rafarel, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Rafarel

Rafarel

Hello there,

I have a message in my Collab windows that tells me : "Ask the Organization owner for access to Unity Teams".
    Unity-collab-organization-owner.png

I'am the organization owner, so I decide to apply the most common fix to my issues : restart Unity.
    I'm currently waiting Unity to close but I think that it is frozen and will have to kill the process ... BRB

I have an error in my console that says :
    [Collab] Licensing::UnityTeamsSeatError: A Unity Teams seat is required for xxx@xxx.com in the 'Banzai Software' Organization (ID: xxx). The project 'ClaytusTowerDefense' (ID: xxx) is in this organization. The organization owner must assign you a seat at https://id.unity.com

So I went to the Unity Dashboard, but Collaborate was disabled for me, because I have no seat in my own organization :) Yay !

I didn't find easily where to check Unity teams seats because noting was under the Collaborate web menu, I found the link in Settings/Unity teams.

Here I found out that all my 3 seats were automatically revoked ...

My guess :

I was paying for a 4th seat that I do not need anymore so I canceled my subscription to Unity Teams Advanced because Unity Teams Basic is sufficient for our current needs. I was wondering if a server side script of yours automatically revoked all my seats at the end of my Unity Teams Advanced paid period while I'm using only the three seats provided by Unity Teams Basic ...

Can someone at Unity can confirm my theory ? Or maybe it's just a bug that have nothing to do with the end of my Unity Team Advanced paid period.

In the case of my guess is right, it would be great if you can notify the organization owner when seats are automatically revoked in advance. This will avoid panic and search across the team ;)

Have a nice day !

2. Rafarel

Rafarel

After restoring my seats configuration, I went back to Unity and click the refresh link that you can see on my previous screenshot. Then I had 3 errors at the same time in my console and a Collab windows stuck into the "Putting in the final touches" state.

Here are the 3 errors in the order they showed up in my console and a screen shot of Collab window :

Code (text):
    1. CollabProxyException: the index is locked; this might be due to a concurrent or crashed process
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:LogExceptionDetails(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:445)
    4. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:OnUpdateHeadException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:224)
    5. CollabProxy.Client.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1:<RegisterListener>b__0(PacketHeader, Connection, String) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:286)
    6. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.PacketTypeHandlerDelegateWrapper`1:Process(PacketHeader, Connection, Object)
    7. NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection:TriggerSpecificPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Object)
    8. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions, Boolean)
    9. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions)
    10. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:CompleteIncomingItemTask(Object)
    11. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.CommsThreadPool:ThreadWorker(Object)
    12. System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)
    Code (text):
    1. Exception: Cant connect: try entering / exiting play mode
    2. CollabProxy.Client.CollabProxyClient.ReconnectToServer () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:65)
    3. CollabProxy.Client.CollabProxyClient.CallAsynchronous (System.String methodName, System.Object[] objectsToSend) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:196)
    4. CollabProxy.GitProxy.SetCurrentHeadAsync (System.String revisionId, System.String accessToken) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/GitProxy.cs:50)
    5. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl.UpdateHeadRevision (System.String tip) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:356)
    6. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl.OnCollabStateChanged (UnityEditor.Collaboration.CollabInfo info) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:175)
    7. UnityEditor.Collaboration.Collab.OnStateChanged () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Collab/Collab.cs:412)
    Code (text):
    1. Assertion failed on expression: 'm_ChannelAccessLeaseEndTime > 0.0'
    Collab-putting-fianl-touches-stuck.png

Collab do not respond, I tried to wait 15 minutes but nothing, I'll restart Unity.

Hope this helps to improve the product ;)

3. Rafarel

Rafarel

Ok, so I can't do anything with Collab even after restarting Unity. I have the error
    CollabProxyException: the index is locked; this might be due to a concurrent or crashed process
    everytime I try to do something related to Collab plus the message "Sorry, something went wrong ..." see the screenshot.

I can't publish my modified file at all, every time I try it went back to this state ...

Collab-something-wrong.png

4. Rafarel

Rafarel

I tried to disable then re-enable Unity Collaborate (with a Unity restart between the two operations) but it is not working any better, I have a new error in my console followed by three "Index lock blabla ..."

Here is the new error I have :

Code (text):
    1. CollabProxyException: No error message has been provided by the native library
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:LogExceptionDetails(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:445)
    4. CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:OnUpdateHeadException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:224)
    5. CollabProxy.Client.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1:<RegisterListener>b__0(PacketHeader, Connection, String) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:286)
    6. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.PacketTypeHandlerDelegateWrapper`1:Process(PacketHeader, Connection, Object)
    7. NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection:TriggerSpecificPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Object)
    8. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions, Boolean)
    9. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions)
    10. NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:CompleteIncomingItemTask(Object)
    11. NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.CommsThreadPool:ThreadWorker(Object)
    12. System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)
    collab-errors-console.png

This situation is very critical for my team, we can't work at all ...

5. Rafarel

Rafarel

I found a solution to my locked index issue by browsing the forums, thanks to @ryanc-unity response in another thread.

Quoting @ryanc-unity :

"Try closing your Editor, go into your .collab folder in the root of your project directory (it'll be hidden so you'll need to show hidden files in Explorer/Finder first), and delete the index.lock file. After reopening your project you should be able to continue using Collab normally."

Would be great to have a guide on how to deal with these errors :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm glad that you were able to unblock yourself and you're right that we need to have a guide for the more common v2.0 errors. I'll make a note to add them in readily accessible locations. Please let us know if you run into any more issues.

LouisHong likes this.
  7. Rafarel

Rafarel

Don't worry you'll know all about my Collab experiences ;)

Ryan-Unity likes this.