Search Unity

[SOLVED]animation is not the same when previewed using unitymodel as using other model

Discussion in 'Animation' started by humany, Oct 29, 2014.

1. humany

humany

i download a free asset name "swordgirl". when i tried to preview the animation using unitymodel, it's seen not same like default. how can i use that animation with unitymodel correctly???

the default is look like this:
    girlmodel.png

but when i chose the unitymodel, it's changed like this:
    unitymodel.png

this is the avatar i used.

2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

This is expected, this avatar come from biped and have both leg parented to spine rather than hips and your avatar's hips is set to Bip001 Pelvis, Mecanim is expecting both leg to be a direct child of hips.

You can try to set Bip001 Spine as your avatar's hips transform.

Take a look at this blog, more precisely Standard hierarchy section.
    http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/05/26/mecanim-humanoids/

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. humany

humany

just did as you said, and modify all bones' rotation to 0. it's ok now.
    Another question about feet position. From that blog, it didn't tell me how to corect the feet postion if anything is wrong.
    I had done some tests with 4 models. first is the original model come with animation. second and third are from asset store, forth is unitymodel.
    same pos, 2 are correct, 2 model are not. why? how to correct that?
    normalfoot.png 3.png 2.png unitymodelfoot.png

4. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Because you didn't activate IK for Foot, in the previewer there is an IK button, you have the same setting on Animator's state

footik.png

The humanoid retargeter map your avatar FK animation into our special muscle space and then from muscle space to your destination avatar FK, since both rig may not match, ex: different bone length, the end point of your limb may not reach exactly the same target. To improve the quality of retargeting we use IK, which will use the original target position from the original clip to make both feet reach the orignal feet target to avoid foot sliding.

Best regards,

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. humany

humany

ok, just as you said. Everything is ok now .
    Thank you so much for your patience.

Mecanim-Dev likes this.