Search Unity

[Solved] Android IAP Restore Purchases Not Happening

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by kennyrogers7272, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kennyrogers7272

kennyrogers7272

I'm using Unity 5.4.2 with Unity's IAP plugin (nothing third party).

These IAP's have always worked fine. Two days ago I released an update that adds an additional level for purchase. Numerous users are now complaining that they have lost their earlier purchases. I tell them to uninstall and reinstall the app. This works for some, but I'm still seeing numerous fresh complaint reviews.

I understand that the Unity IAP automatically restores any products the user owns during the first initialization following reinstallation; the ProcessPurchase method of the IStoreListener is called for each owned item.

Why is does this only work "sometimes"? I have the latest Unity IAP 1.9.3 installed.

Please find attached Purchaser.cs.

Attached Files:

2. kennyrogers7272

kennyrogers7272

I created a brand new Google Play account, and tested my purchase system across two android devices with no issues. I confirmed that a couple of the complaints were from users who are now using different Google Play email accounts from when they first purchased the game levels.

I now suspect that these recent complaints are from users who are using a different Google Play account, or the 1% of users who are just having bad luck. I've put a statement in my update description, informing people of this known issue, and offering them my help email. I'll give refunds to those who request them.

It really sucks spending months building an update, only to get your store rating tarnished :(

ap-unity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.