Search Unity

[Solved] Amazon - You Already Own This Item

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by MrEsquire, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hi,

I'm having a issue with Amazon In-App purchases.
    All seems to be working fine except when a user deletes the application and re-installs
    clicking on Unlock Level (Non Consumable) warns them to buy again
    They click native check box etc but then presented with a screen saying
    "You already own this item" but then the level does not unlock for user.

I'm not sure how to check if the user already owns item and then unlock the level.

Anyone seen or have similar issue?

Thanks

2. creat327

creat327

I have the same problem. And the receipt seems empty, like the guy never purchased anything at all.

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yep I tried different code but didn't work, I dunno how to handle it as its a native popup.
    For Google Play its different system, so this not a issue...

4. creat327

creat327

clearly a bug

5. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@MrEsquire, @cret327

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. The IAP team is investigating issues with product restoration on Amazon. I'll let you know what we find.

MrEsquire likes this.
  6. creat327

creat327

any updates? it's been quite some time since first reported...

MrEsquire likes this.
  7. creat327

creat327

nothing? we just assume we should begin using directly the amazon package instead of unity iap for amazon?

MrEsquire likes this.
  8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I know what you mean, but this is not good have extra stuff in project, makes it messy for me.. Unity just need to investigate and reply to this issue, all they need to do is "test it" MANUALLY...!

9. creat327

creat327

yeah, that's why i'm asking. It's a pain to have to add another sdk just for this because it's been over a month since first reported and nobody even got back to us. There was an update to IAP in between that did nothing to address this.

10. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

Hi guys. Restoration in Amazon IAP is a automatic action after user re-installs your app and
    ProcessPurchase method will be called during restoration. Your product should be unlocked at this step.
    You can output some debug log in ProcessPurchase method to check if it is called.

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Okay so you have tested this in your office and got it to work all correctly, please confirm this!!,
    PS. explain the test you did

12. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

Hi MrEsquire. Yes, I tested it just now via Amazon App Tester. I reinstalled my IAP demo app and cleaned all data it created. When I launched it ProcessPurchase method was called automatically.

Attached Files:

13. creat327

creat327

well, i'm using latest version here and I don't get the same result at all on the published version. My receipt comes out empty when I start the app. It works fine when I purchase my subscription (the receipt has a value) but then I turn it off the app, relaunch it and receipt = empty string

14. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Missed your reply, I think the problem is something different.
    Read my first post:

I'm having a issue with Amazon In-App purchases.
    All seems to be working fine except when a user deletes the application and re-installs
    clicking on Unlock Level (Non Consumable) warns them to buy again

They click native check box etc but then presented with a screen saying
    "You already own this item" but then the level does not unlock for user.

I'm not sure how to check if the user already owns item and then unlock the level.

You need to recreate that scenario above with one of your apps..
    The scenario you tested does not seem the same...
    You need to get a native popup to appear..

15. nbaris

nbaris

What he's saying is, you never need to be in a position for the native popup to appear in the first place, because ProcessPurchase would be called when the user re-installs the app, so you would record that the item is already purchased (and presumably hide the option to buy it again).
    In my testing, non-consumable purchases are indeed restored after re-installing the app.
    It seems a bit weird (if something goes wrong on that initial launch after re-installing, the situation is unsolvable without re-installing), but as far as I can tell, this is the only way to handle restores for Amazon.

16. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I understand what your saying, but depends on the programmer and how he has created the inapp solution, especially when not using the Unity IAP plugin. I managed to produce the error popup many times, I was just annoyed that it seemed the problem was dismissed quickly. Any way I leave it to rest as they sorted it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.