Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Action Failed. Services not available.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MackNugget, Jul 8, 2017.

1. MackNugget

MackNugget

All of a sudden after a couple days I can't access the services tab in any of my Unity Projects either on Windows or Mac. When I try to push in collaborate, nothing happens. No error notice or any other feedback.

Then when I open up the services tab and select my Organization, still nothing happens. If I then select "Create", I just get an error message that says "Action Failed. Service Unavailable."

Anyone experience this?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @MackNugget! I'm sorry that you're running into this issue. Which version of Unity are you using? Is your internet connection stable?

3. Dudicus

Dudicus

@ryanc-unity I'm getting this too. I use Linux. (build 5.5.0xb5) I was going to set up multiplayer, but R.I.P.

4. Dudicus

Dudicus

I found a solution @MackNugget. What you need to do is go to Unity Services and archive your old folder for that game and remake it in editor.

5. PaulRdy

PaulRdy

@ryanc-unity I'm getting the same problem. My Unity version is 2017.1.0f3 and internet connection is perfectly stable. I would like to keep the changes I've made on my local machine but can't commit or push to the server.

I've tried to create a new project ID but that gives me the same error message. It started happening after I implemented Unity Multiplayer. Not sure what you mean @Dudicus by the Unity Services Folder. It's not in my asset-folder.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @PaulRdy! I'm sorry you're running into this issue. We're actively working on a fix at this moment. The problem is that the Services regressed into not allowing you to create a link to a project that has the same name as a project that you already have in that Organization.

Until the fix gets patched, what you can do is go to your Developer Dashboard at https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/, find your project that you're having issues creating a link for in your list of projects, rename it to something else (like add "_2" to the end), then go back to Unity and try to create a link again. Now it should work. Let me know if that unblocks you.

shinichikudo997 likes this.
  7. PaulRdy

PaulRdy

@ryanc-unity Thank you! Yup, that worked. Still not quite sure what caused the unlinking in the first place but all is well now :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  8. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Thanks for this - it was driving me mad. So you will update to allow projects with the same name in the future, like how it used to work?

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

10. shinichikudo997

shinichikudo997

Thank you this worked, I wonder why this still exixts in 2022