Search Unity

Solid Meshes that are not solid ...!?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by DrKucho, May 25, 2017.

1. DrKucho

DrKucho

can anyone tell me what is going on here? see the tank turret , all my game is made out of 2d sprites, including the tank body and tires, but the turret is made of 3d polygons, and it has 4 pieces that insert into themselves so the parts can move when the tank fires, it was working good so far using unity standard shader , but I upgraded recently from 5.3.7 to unity 5.6.1 and I see this half transparency / additive FX on the tank turret, I have tried different shaders , touched here and there, but can't find one that looks good and avoid this transparency thing.

the up screen is the game window, the bottom is the scene Window, I also don't understand why in the scene I see it right and then wrong in game window...

thanks in advance

2. bgolus

bgolus

Are you scaling the mesh to be flat in the z plane?

DrKucho likes this.
  3. DrKucho

DrKucho

hey! thanks for the help!

I have fixed this issue, the problem was that I am rendering to texture, I create that render texture in code and i was not setting any depth buffer cause , in previous versions of unity , by default the render texture was created with 16 bits depth, so to me the depth buffer was not something I was even aware of ... but in new unity 5.6+ versions by default is created with 0 depth , just because.... well just because no reason I would say ... at least no reason other than breaking your game lol.