Search Unity

Games Solace Crafting - Distance Based Fantasy Survival RPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by malkere, Feb 5, 2016.

1. malkere

malkere

I've been working on a lot of procedural encounters the past week or so

2. malkere

malkere

TONS of upgrades / bug fixing since my last post! We're on Steam and I've had some close testers try the game out for me, and received invaluable insight. As a developer you just know the game too well. Other people with no clue going into it has helped so much.

Add us to your Steam wishlist to get those updates! =D
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/670260/Solace_Crafting/

New Start Screen(WIP):

Also I've merged the Avatar Creation Studio, which was originally built as a standalone, and still something I want to release as a "demo", into the main game, so you can make all kinds of different colors and shapes of characters to role-play. Still not a ton of features like fangs, elf-ears, scaled skin, etc. But that will all make it in over time.

Made some building improvements, got all of the basic magic/ability forms working like ranged attacks with an aim cam or first person mode, fireballs, shield bashing (stuns), heals, buffs, and effects (bleed, etc). Everything is unaimed, collider based, so melee is easy, but in your face. Ranged and magic against a moving target is tough stuff, unless they're running straight at you of course =]

Was hoping to launch my tiny Kickstarter campaign next week, but we've postponed it a few weeks to get out of the Gamescon / PAX West timelines.

I'm posting almost daily updates on our Steam forums, and will be sending out the clarion call when Kickstarter and Beta fires up, so signup for the mailing list if you're interested! =] Things are getting serious!
    http://www.solacecrafting.com/mailinglist.html

Best wishes!

kenamis likes this.
  3. malkere

malkere

4. malkere

malkere

Now on Patreon! Check it out for all the latest pictures and patch notes!
    Moving towards an early access release sometime between now and January 15th!

5. eaque

eaque

Good luck man! very Impressive for a 1man game!

malkere likes this.
  6. malkere

malkere

Thank you!
    It's tough trying to keep people updated/post on social media XD I burnt myself out more than a few times this year trying to do too much. Best to just keep to development and get it working :D

manpower13 likes this.
  7. malkere

malkere

Sorry I don't post in here much, I got burned out on marketing last year!!
    I'm much happier just... oh this is what I said in my last post XD

Well it's true! I'm developing my heart out, to the point that I'm handing in my resignation next week at my day job to focus on development full-time! In light of that we've switched
    public early access on Steam live!
    2018.01.17-view.jpg
    My heart was pounding all morning and I got a stomach ache, but I pushed that button and now all kinds of people are talking to me! It's been a long time coming and I'm really excited to be able to sit down and make this game everything it should be!

I couldn't have done it without all the help I still get all the time here on the forums, so big thanks to everyone else on here! Here's hoping I make enough to hire a real programmer! :D

manpower13 and eaque like this.
  8. malkere

malkere

Wow! I can't believe it's been four months since I was in here! It really has been a nonstop adventure since my last post though. Ever since I went live on Steam I've had people chatting and messaging me everyday about the good and the bad of Solace Crafting! It's come a long way, very much in thanks to all of that feedback.

I've been developing the game in branches, keeping several new features on the public beta build openly accessible to all players on Steam, until the bugs are worked out and I push the branch to the default live build. I just pushed branch v 0.1.09 and am starting work on 0.2.0 today to add in new biomes and start working on cooking and botany for potions, food, and drinks.

Check out the latest news on Patreon

I'm also looking to work on my website and the Steam page with a new video and pictures to try and start marketing the game as better than bad =]

Teila likes this.
  9. eaque

eaque

I'm still here ! keep on man!:)

malkere likes this.