Search Unity

Sokoban 3D scene

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by EducaSoft, May 28, 2008.

1. EducaSoft

EducaSoft

Hi there.

I'm proud to make my first showcase scene here.
    Currently busy making a sokoban 3d game where player has to select a level and then solve the complete puzzle (I think most people do know that game...)

Anyway, tonigh I finished the first scene which was made to look how a level would look like.

Any comments are welcome.

webplayer @ http://www.educasoft.be/sokoban/

Its just the level rotating. There is nothing playable at the moment but that'll change.

2. Zante

Zante

Looking good. :)

When I started making games in adobe director I always got carried away with aesthetics and rarely got around to making anything functional. To that end, everything I did ended up as an art project. I now try to get the mechanics in first before making it look pretty though at times it's difficult as having a nice scene, like yours, motivates me to work harder.

In the industry, mechanics and concept art usually come first before the real 3D work, but what the hell let's freestyle this baby. :p

3. EducaSoft

EducaSoft

I must say I did make a 3d sokoban game before so I allready know all needed game logic

http://www.educasoft.be/sokoban2/ is my old director sokoban 3d from 2005

But as the previous line states -> OLD! I want to make a superbly looking and funny version in unity now.

4. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Heya Bart!

Looks good, i didnt know you had game done before! that is amazing, and as i said before, your sokoban 3D is looking good :p

.org

5. aaron-parr

aaron-parr

Yes, this is looking good.

Since this is a puzzle game, I'd tone down the realism and up a playful, artificial look. But I think these grittier textures with some realistic shadows could be interesting. I'd like to see where you go with this. It could be an interesting iPhone game with its touch controls.