Search Unity

Soime mixed lights do not work properly

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Tech-Labs, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Tech-Labs

Tech-Labs

Okay, I've got a neighbourhood scene with about 50 (street/road)lights. I've opted for Area (rect) lights as they seem to produce the best lighting in this setting. I want to try to make all my lights Mixed to start with (running on a large desktop system, so for the time being it's okay).
    I'm running 2019.16f1, with HDRP. Everything looks fine and runs fine.
    I'm trying to do both Realtime GI and baked (shadowmask - low settings to test) lightmaps as I want the best of both worlds.

However, of my 27 road lights (simple high placed area lights that shine downwards) 5 do not lightmap correctly. That is, after baking, when I turn off all these lights, 5 of them remain lit and do not cast real time shadows. The other lights look fine and work fine.
    When I make change to a light or redo that light, that one may be fixed, but another close by will go wrong. When I disable the 5 offending lights and rerun the baking, it looks good. Replace those 5 with new ones, again those 5 or 5 others do not work as they should.
    Restarted Unity and Windows. Clean the baked maps a hundred times. Checked the max lights in the HDRP settings (no problems there).

No clue as to why this may happen.

Any ideas??