Search Unity

Soft white flash when doing a transition between vcams?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by cloverme, Mar 31, 2021.

1. cloverme

cloverme

Sometimes I see a soft white flash/fadein when switching between vcams in HDRP. Can't seem to figure out what causes it, was wondering if anyone knew.

Also, if I have a vcam attached to a rigged character bone where the layer for the mesh on the gameobject is being culled/not rendered, the vcam doesn't follow the bone correctly. As soon as the layer is being rendered, the vcam behaves normally. (?!?!?)

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

White flash is an HDRP bug, already fixed. Not sure in what release - maybe you can ask on the HDRP forum.

Vcams should be separate game objects, and not attached to specific bones as MonoBehaviours. Use the bone as a follow target and set the vcam's body behaviour to "Hard Lock To Target". Then, make sure that the vcam GameObject is on a layer that is not culled by the camera.

3. cloverme

cloverme

Thanks for the heads-up on HDRP/white flash, I'll look into it.

Got it, I'll change the parenting/vcam setup for that camera. (I use a rigged body that has motion-capture animations applied to it and then use the vcam as a player first-person cam for short shots. It creates a really nice effect for things like climbing a ladder or crouching down other than just applying the usual unity move transforms, it really gives a nice AAA feel to it).

Appreciate your cinemachine answers as always! =)

4. cloverme

cloverme

Confirming that the upgrade to 2020.3 fixed this issue.

Gregoryl likes this.