Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Soft particles in LWRP are not visible without Postprocessing layer on camera

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by battou, Oct 1, 2018.

1. battou

battou

I down know why, but if I delete or disable Postprocessing layer on camera then soft particles do not render. If add or enable - start to render. 0_0

Using Unity 2018.2.10f

2. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Soft particles require the camera to render to a depth texture so that particles can use it later in the transparent pass, post processing enables this by default as it needs it for depth of field and other effects. Make sure in the Lightweight Render Pipeline asset you have checked on depth texture, and depending on version you may also need to add an additional camera script to the camera, and then turn on depth there too.

3. battou

battou

Thanks. I use 2018.2.10f1. I noticed button named Add additional camera parameters, aster pressing it a new script was added to camera and there was toggle to turn on depth texture. Not very convinient that it is not part of the cameras parameters.

wenderRondonia likes this.
  4. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Yup, this was done as an optimisation for people who have quite a few camera in their scene, but we noticed it's often missed, in newer versions of Lightweight RP we have made the default behaviour enabled and if you want to disable it for performance gains you then need to add this and disable it.
    Eventually these will be options added to the camera component itself, we are just working on all the angles where you might add then remove SRP etc.