Search Unity

Socket: connect failed in 4.5.1p4

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by avatara359, Jul 11, 2014.

1. avatara359

I was trying out Unity 4.5.1p4 and after a while got the following error spammed constantly in console.

Error:
    Socket: connect failed, error: Operation has failed with error 0x2747: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.
    (0)
    connect failed

Upon receiving this error my computer's internet was not useable. None of my browsers worked again until I restarted my computer.

i'm using WWW with https:// to send data in json to a server. I didn't think I was sending all that much but apparently it was enough to break things in p4.

I don't see the same error in 4.5.1f3 however if I spam the WWW calls I get the following to appear in my call back:
    Message could not be sent.Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed.{
    "enduser": {
    "return": "-2"
    }
    }

Ramcat likes this.
  2. avatara359

Also managed to get the error:
    Failed to connect to (ip redacted): No buffer space

Exact cause unknown, just started happening during testing in windows editor. However this was in Unity 4.5.1f3

3. ProbePLayer

ProbePLayer

Same here. The details are exactly the same as avatara359. The errors started showing up and internet was unusable. shutdown unity and it worked again

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Why dont you try and upgrade to Unity 4.5.2 or 4.5.2p3 latest

5. ProbePLayer

ProbePLayer

I think this particular error shows only if a mobile device is plugged in through usb.

6. FIGGI

FIGGI

Yeah It occurs when I connect my phone through USB. Its a real pain because I am taking input from the phone. And I have to restart unity every 10 minutes. Iv got an upto date unity version 4.5.3. I am guessing its because am using a 512 MB RAM phone, will upgrading solve the issue?

7. avatara359

Thanks! It seems that setting my Editor Settings -> Unity Remote > Device to None removes the issue. I can leave my device plugged in, it seems its a problem with Unity Remote. I haven't tested if the problem still occurs with Unity 4.5.3f3 yet.

With remote on, I can 'clear' the problem temporarily by closing Unity, and using the windows command window to "ipconfig /renew"

Deozaan likes this.
  8. Deozaan

Deozaan

Very strange that Unity would break the internet. Thanks to the rest of you for figuring it out and helping me find a solution. I just experienced the same thing in 4.5.2.

This thread also reminded me that I downloaded 4.5.3 but forgot to install it.

9. Radiangames2

Radiangames2

Hey guys, just wanted to say I got the same exact issue (4.5.0) and I appreciate the solution being so simple. At least it's simple because I don't need to use the phone for input at the moment. Will update to latest 4.5 version when I do and report back if it fixes it. (FIGGI: Mine is also a 512MB phone, not sure that's related though).

10. adelphiaUK

adelphiaUK

Just want to say that I'm also getting this issue in 4.5.3f3 and when it happens my entire internet is blocked until I close Unity. It's then fixed (for a while) before it happens again. I'm going to try the disabling of the Remote to see if that fixes the issue. I get it at least two or three times a day right now. I'll keep you posted to what I find.

11. Xitech_

Xitech_

Same issue here. However, it does not block my entire internet connection, spotify, dropbox and skype worked. But Google chrome failed to connect untill I closed Unity with that weird error message

12. Good-old-Grim

Good-old-Grim

Got this, when I accidentally used an old version of Unity Remote (1.2 specifically) that was lying around on my phone for some reason. Up until now I was using Unity Remote 4 with no problems and switching back to that fixed my problem.

So this is a Unity Remote bug that has been fixed - just update to the latest version.

13. margusmuru

margusmuru

No, it is not fixed!!
    Using Unity 4.5.5f1, up-to-date Unity Remote 4 and have my Galaxy S4 connected with remote capability. When I start my main scene which has networking scripts in it(not loaded at start) I get the same error message and my network goes down because some DNS buffer gets filled or smth. Definitely not fixed!

edit: Unity Remote 4

14. twobob

twobob

Latest 4.5 release.

Just mangled my internet. Was working perfectly for weeks. Suddenly just started.

Unity Remote 4, Unity 4.5. Dang.

15. twobob

twobob

16. zazoum

zazoum

Using 4.6 latest release and a Nexus 7 as input device. Having the same problem:

Socket: connect failed, error: Operation has failed with error 0x2747 Connection failed,

and destroys my browser.

Any ideas?

17. twobob

twobob

I ran the kb procedure I linked above and it hasn't happened since.

Could be total coincidence but it "Fixed itself" exactly after I followed the procedure. So, Yeah.

18. Assassinbeast

Assassinbeast

try connect it to another usb port. it worked for me.
    Maybe because some usb ports dont support the driver, then it will do this wierd stuff. Just a guess.

19. Nodrap

Nodrap

Same problem still occuring in 4.6.1f1. I have a Samsung S2 test phone plugged in and I do use the Unity Remote as it is a multitouch app. Just had to shut down Unity to post this!!!

Ramcat likes this.
  20. UnskilledBuild

UnskilledBuild

Still happening in 4.6.1f1. I have a Samsung S3 plugged in and I use the Unity Remote.

21. BisongT

BisongT

Is there an official fix for this?? It is kind of inconvenient to restart Unity every 20 mins in order to test the game.:(

Ramcat likes this.
  22. JohnTube

JohnTube

same problem here Unity 4.6.1f1 ! did anyone try this hack ?

23. twobob

twobob

looks like they did... ;)
    Think I ended up swapping to a different device (or maybe the beta), but it seemingly fixed it in the short term IIRC (but it was a while ago)

JohnTube likes this.
  24. OperationT

OperationT

I have the same problem as OP, initially with 4.5.4f1, then updated to 5.1.1f1 still with the problem. I tried the hack referenced by JohnTube. I made a backup of the subkey "Parameters" before commencing.

The hack solved the issue but it raised another. I no longer got the "Socket..." error in Unity, and Unity no longer stopped my internet. However, in the midst of running my game on Unity while connected with my phone with Remote 4, my game would suddenly stop showing on my phone and return to the regular gray screen that you see before running a game, all the while the game is still running on my computer in Unity. When I stop the game and play it again, it would show up again on my phone until it kicks me off again.

I restored the Registry Editor key that I backed up previously, and Unity Remote 4 no longer kicked me off on my phone, but this time my internet stopped working even after shutting Unity off, disconnecting my phone, and restarting my computer. I just got my internet back from restoring my computer. And now Unity would probably starting kicking me off on my phone again.

Has anyone found a good solution for this?

25. cheesejunkie

cheesejunkie

There's no good permanent solution for this other an Unity patching the issue. The problem is Unity opens too many TCP connections to try to connect to your mobile device (doesn't matter if the device is on or whether or not Unity Remote is running). After it opens too many connections, there aren't enough for your browser. To see this, when the problem occurs, open up Resource Monitor (a Windows component) and browse to the Network > TCP Connections. Close Unity and within a few seconds your browser will work.

Basically, if you need to use Unity remote or a mobile device, deal with the hassle of restarting Unity. If you do not need to use the device, UNPLUG IT!