Search Unity

SocialPlatforms.Gamecenter on MacOS with Apple Arcade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CharlesC88, Jan 4, 2021.

1. CharlesC88

CharlesC88

Hello,

our game is currently out on Apple Arcade and I'm taking over all the work for everything apple related (iOS, tvOS, MacOS) we are only available through Apple Arcade. Currently all our GameCenter stuff was setup in Object C through XCode by the people that handled it, but I'm wondering if the UnityEngine.SocialPlatforms.GameCenter namespace works on MacOS and tvOS for Apple Arcade Apps. I know it works for IOS but if Game Center is available on the other devices, will that namespace work on those devices? Or is it iOS only??

I would like to transfer all of that out of Object C with extern calls into the main project if possible for easier management.

2. tummygames

tummygames

Hi, you can try and buy prime31 plugin with game center access point, but I am also having some issues with access point not showing on macos and tvos https://prime31.com/plugins
    Let me know if you do buy it and figure out before me :)

3. CharlesC88

CharlesC88

At this stage purchasing a plugin would not be wise as we are already live and I'm just looking to do a few updates. The people who did our original port created their own plugins for the few things we needed for game center (not much) which is working, was just hoping to migrate that out of Object C if possible, and easy.

4. van_ustwo

van_ustwo

Unity SocialPlatforms.Gamecenter api should work on MacOS. For Game Center Access point, you have to write your own plugin in Objective C. Access Point is only available on Big Sur

5. CharlesC88

CharlesC88

Thank you.