Search Unity

Social.ShowLeaderboardUI() does nothing on macOS?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by VIC20, Oct 16, 2016.

1. VIC20

VIC20

Doesn’t the game center native UI (Social.ShowLeaderboardUI()) work on the Mac without using 3rd party plugins?

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Better you use plugin dude as developers such a prime31 always make sure its latest..

3. VIC20

VIC20

I feared that. :-(

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thing is Unity just tell you file a bug report, and it be low priority or not.
    You waste time making a repo project.
    Then it take some time confirm
    Then you wait 1/2 weeks for fix if confirmed issue.

But cannot confirm myself if a bug exists but with ios10 the whole code should be reviewed as each year apple make lot changes etc and some things left outdated.

5. VIC20

VIC20

Thanks I’ve bought a plugin now and it works.
    It might sound paranoid but how can I be certain that it does not contain any hidden malicious code?

6. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Send me the link to the plugin you bought?
    Depends if its from a known developer and trusted source..

7. VIC20

VIC20

It worked for some days but since a few days I have a new problem: none of my builds authenticates with Game Center anymore. Overall I am stuck for 10 days now trying to do such simple tasks as authenticate and open the Game Center UI.

8. VIC20

VIC20

Unity Gremlins. After exchanging my script with a new one with the same code it works.

9. VIC20

VIC20

No, again it just stopped working. For no reason. It is the same build (not a new one, not a copy of) which won’t see it is logged in. How is that possible? Another game from the App Store works fine and never has any problems.

10. ColinDmg

ColinDmg

I'm having the same issue with Social.ShowLeaderboardUI as well as with Social.ShowAchievementsUI(). When called, neither does anything and there is no log output. I am using Unity 2017.1 and MacOS 10.12.6

On a development build I am able to login to GameCenter and I can see the native achievement complete UI popups. I'm also able to call Social.LoadAchievements() and receive a list of achievements with progress towards them. I can also call Social.LoadAchievementDescriptions () and receive a list of all the achievements I registered on iTunes Connect. I believe this would indicate I am interacting with Game Center correctly; however, the calls to show the Achievement UI do not work. Does anyone have any more information on this?

zhassan likes this.
  11. VIC20

VIC20

12. ColinDmg

ColinDmg

It's funny I just messaged the developers of that plugin asking if it works in Unity 2017.1 and on MacOS 10.12.6 and their reply was "We don't support it anymore." But does it still work?

Edit: And I just heard back from Prime31 about their Mac Game Center plugin: "All of our plugins are up to date and work with the latest Unity versions and operating systems." I haven't tried it out yet so I can't confirm.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  13. VIC20

VIC20

Oh. :-/ No idea if it still works. I haven’t updated the game since December.

Anyway they don’t support it but still sell it? That sux.