Search Unity

Question Social Profile Service

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by MiTschMR, Feb 27, 2023.

1. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

There is a mention of a
    Social Profile Service
    in one roadmap entry for the lobby system: https://portal.productboard.com/zuf...ice?utm_medium=social&utm_source=portal_share

It is known that a friends service is in the works which also uses this feature. Will there be a separate service and SDK for managing this and if yes, is there any information you are already allowed to share, like a timeline or roadmap of the features it will contain?

KevinCastejon likes this.
  2. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

the Player class from the Lobby package contains a PlayerProfile property that is always null.
    The doc says indeed A player's profile data from the Social Profile service.
    What this Social Profile service is is still a mystery..

I initially thought that this was a former name for the Friends Service, but initializing it does not automatically feed this value.
    Even when this value is manually define (on the create/join lobby methods parameters) it still remains null on the other end when reading this property on a PlayerJoined event or just by iterating the players list property of the lobby.

I've opened a ticket and will be back here if/when I got a clear answer from Unity.

3. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

Would it be related to that Social API ?
    I don't know anything about this