Search Unity

Social experiment

Discussion in '2D' started by PRABHBIR123, Jan 27, 2019.

1. PRABHBIR123

PRABHBIR123

I would like to know your views on what you want a tutorial video should have. A video should revolve around which topic or which theme, etc. Please tell me what you want a unity tutorial video should revolve around.

2. hlw

hlw

I have hard times finding a great tutorial about tilemaps (in a 2D platformer).
    Normal tilemaps are easy to work with, but i don't get how i could add groups of tiles with special behaviours (Like a gameObject composed of 6 tiles that animate itself and destroy itself along with its collider if hit by a projectile).

There is a lot of possible shortcuts to make world building fast and easy using tile palettes, tile brushes and tilemaps, but i can't find any tutorial explaining all of that clearly.

3. PRABHBIR123

PRABHBIR123

hey @hlw can you explain the behaviour you want a bit more clearly

4. hlw

hlw

I want to have platforms and walls made of tiles.
    Most of the time, walls are indestructibles.
    There are some special walls (or part of certain walls) that can be destroyed using a punch, and some other that can be destroyed using laser guns.

I have tiles for normal walls, punch walls, and laser walls.

punch walls and laser walls look just like normal walls, but if you punch a laser wall, the normal looking tiles turn into laser wall tiles.
    If you shoot a laser onto a punch wall, the normal looking tiles will turn into punch wall tiles.

If you punch a punch wall, tiles will start animating themselves, a destroy animation happens, and then the player can pass through.

Same if you shoot a laser onto a laser wall.

On top of that, i would love it to be easy to create, as i will need a big world. The must would be for me to follow these steps:

Use a brush to create normal platforms and walls.
    Once i created all my normal platforms and walls, use something to transform some normal walls into punch or laser walls, they will look just the same, but their behaviour will change.

Of course i'm not asking for your tutorial to do exactly that, but if by watching it I could learn and adapt what i just learnt to create it myself, that would be great.