Search Unity

Games Soarocity

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Teaky, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Teaky

Teaky

http://www.soarocity.com <- Can download demo here.

I want to honestly know, does my game suck? I've gotten good feedback on the visuals on Instagram but that's about it, and I wonder if its just people saying that so that I'll follow them and like their posts. I boosted a post on my facebook which had a shorter version of the above trailer and only got one comment which said "looks bad" and supposedly had 6,700 views and reached 12.5 k people. I did a press release that was only picked up by one website, which due to the fact that it just copied it verbatim makes me suspicious that it was auto-generated or something. I wasn't expecting this project to light the world on fire but I was hoping for a better response. I'm not trying to make excuses such as "the market is saturated" as I think that is too easy to say. It doesn't have a super slick trailer or studio Ghibli style animations so I wasn't expecting mass market appeal. So I just want to honestly know if the quality is low and I'm missing something (kind of like a child who has an ugly baby but thinks its adorable)? And if you do say it sucks, please explain why as I need honest feedback. Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Hi. For what it's worth i think the game looks pretty cool. Probably the trailer itself could be improved. The main issue i would say is the text at the bottom is not a very legible font, and normally a trailer would be a bit more "cinematic". Maybe don't overlay the text, instead use separate title pages with nice big readable words? Good luck!

Teaky likes this.
  3. Teaky

Teaky

Thanks for the reply I’ve been working on the font in the trailer... thought I had it down will definitely make your recommended changes.

jamespaterson likes this.