Search Unity

So what exactly goes into the LightingData.asset file?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by vonpixel, Jul 11, 2017.

1. vonpixel

vonpixel

Ive been attempting to wrangle in Enlighten and light a scene Im working on with some people for awhile now. We are using github to share the data. We had some Enlighten settings that basically took upwards of 4 hours to bake - and then gave less than ideal results. We would end up with a LightingData.asset file that was 46 megs and the total of all the maps would be about .5 gigs (plus it looked blotchy and bad).

I managed to get the bake down to 30 minutes + looking really good. The total size of all the lighting files is now only 250 megs but the LightingData.asset file is now 105 megs... which puts it just over the file size limit for github. I realize we could shell out for the LFS on github- but im curious- what exactly goes into the LightingData.asset file? The settings I changed was lowering resolutions- packing more stuff into the maps- ie all stuff that was done to make the lighting data easier to manage.

It kind of seems like its the light probes- is that correct? What would be the best way to reduce the size of the file? I suppose the work around could be zipping up that file and sending via something that can handle larger files- but that seems cumbersome.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

AlexisInco and vonpixel like this.
  3. vonpixel

vonpixel

And you are totally correct. Looks like someone enabled it by accident because we need just baked lighting. Thanks.