Search Unity

So we are dealing with 3 systems Entities, Jobs, Burst and 3 API styles why don't we have a...

Discussion in 'Burst' started by Arowx, May 16, 2019.

1. Arowx

Arowx

pinned examples forum thread.

I know we have samples but in theory an examples threads could have people sharing good examples or linking to good examples elsewhere on the forum.

Good examples could then be worked into the documentation, which IMHO needs lots of good examples as this API brings a range of new concepts that sometimes could be best explained to other programmers with a good example or even a bad example (alongside a good one).

2. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

This is a great idea, currently it’s hell trying to learn this from scratch. Especially with depreciated API in the mix

JBR-games likes this.
  3. Kmsxkuse

Kmsxkuse

4. pakfront

pakfront

This would be so useful. Whenever I find usable example code in the threads it's gold . Even if the author is 'doing it wrong,' I still learn a lot. I've been trying to add working, if not optimal, code to all my questions in the hopes that others can benefit.

leni8ec likes this.
  5. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

If spend the last 2 days just repeatedly reading the docs. There is a lot of links jumping around so it hard to read it in an orderly fashion. I keep feeling I missed a page or something.

6. Kmsxkuse

Kmsxkuse

Docs? There's up to date documentation? I'm just wandering around blind trying everything I can think of and seeing what sticks. To be honest, I havent even touched the ECS API. The job system itself is quite powerful and often esoteric in what it does. I live in constant fear of unity deprecating a critical API of the job system that I'll only learn of when my entire project breaks down.

RoughSpaghetti3211 likes this.
  7. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211