Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

So... Is there any news?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by JoNax97, Mar 2, 2020.

1. JoNax97

JoNax97

It's been 8 months since you posted the first blog in a series that never went anywhere, and we've known nothing about the new collab progress since.

Do you have anything you can share? At least a tentative date when we could have some news?

IOU_RAY likes this.
  2. Rafarel

Rafarel

Yes please, it would be great !
    Versioning, sharing, saving and merging sources is a major issue that can't be ignored at this point.
    It's way more important than the other features since without it almost nothing happen ...

JoNax97 and Raul_T like this.
  3. AdamBourke

AdamBourke

Eight month since that Dev Diary was published, but almost eleven months since it was originally announced that there would be a new collaborate solution based on git. I would have hoped they would be closer to release by now...

It seems to our team that the collaborate project is dead, and I think we'll be moving our projects to github this month.

4. JoNax97

JoNax97

I posted this at the same time someone from the unity staff was in an answering spree. They answered every post above and below mine. At this point I just assume the collab team is either incompetent or uniterested.

I'm expecting a bunch of cool features from unity in the future, but collab is not one of them. I suggest you do the same and just go ahead as if it didn't exist.

AdamBourke likes this.
  5. Rafarel

Rafarel

My team just move the source to Git and it is way easier to work !
    Goodbye Collaborate, I gave you a chance during two years of project and team management inferno !

AdamBourke likes this.