Search Unity

so... i can't fix empty errors to use postprocessing stask... and no Unity staff can't help ??

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by antislash, Jan 26, 2019.

1. antislash

antislash

hi.
    i use 2018.3 and i need the new postprocessing stask i got from asset store.

it doesn't work cause of errors, i only get empty errors so i can't know what i have to fix.

packed teh project, unpacked in a new one.... doesn't work.

tried to run API updater, it's greyed out.

same kind of errors with the old deprecated post-process effects.

nothing. no help, not a peep from unity staff. cool. great engine i can't use.

isn't there anyone with a correct level of expertise in unity staff to fix that Fking thing that has been reported N times by others ?
    seriously ?
    can't you just make your product..like.....just work ??

2. antislash

antislash

how can i fix ghost errors ?

unity errors.jpg

3. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The Post Processing Stack on the store (v1) isn't updated anymore, so isn't compatible with 2018.3. The description doesn't mention this, because it isn't being updated either (lol).

Install it through the Package Manager instead (v2), it is superior in features in any case.

4. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Or don't use the processing stack and use something that does not evolve so fast.

Because version 2 will soon be replaced with version 3 in HDRP and won't be backwards compatible.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Re LWRP/HDRP: You should never have been installing any post fx from package manager anyway, as neither of them use it, and pull their own managed branches of V2 stack in as dependencies.

You never needed to get it in PM unless using built-in. For anyone doing that already, the upgrade to 2019.1 beta should be smooth and contain V3.

Unfortunately for people misguidedly already installing V2 separately when they didn't need to (for HDRP) they will need to remove it manually.

6. antislash

antislash

thanks for advices, people.
    so.. to sum up..

do i need to install 2019 beta ?
    change scripting runtime?

i need to send a screen of a terrain including terrain textures made in Substance designer for a position tech test...
    so, it'll be cool if i could add some effects. or go back to an old version of cryengine which does it even better.

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Just update to latest 2018.3 version and update any packages in package manager with a fat arrow, should sort it out. Also go and change to 4x scripting runtime.

Might need to let unity do its crazy nonsense and restart the editor or something.

I'm not recommending alpha at all.

8. antislash

antislash

thanks
    i'm already on 2018.3 and 4x runtime version...
    i removed all postpross and image effects packages.
    created a new empty project with only the "sticky" packages and still have those errors.
    sounds like the script error comes from elsewhere..
    i'm puzzled

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I did get that error myself for a while, but it went away of it's own accord in the end, so I assumed it must have been due to some update or other.

antislash likes this.