Search Unity

So, how do you create a "named" project without Hub?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by TalkieTalkie, Aug 27, 2019.

1. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

I've been avoiding 2019 like a plague after trying the Hub once (more like, trying to get it to work when it was first out), but downloaded 2019 today to test it again only to realize, you can't create anything other a "New Unity Project" game? So Hub is definitely required to create a new game project then?

While we're at it, why not just bundle latest Hub version in the torrent link then? And the documentations file as well, why are they always separate from torrent? Kinda pointless when you can select anything you want to download through torrent, makes it easy to download everything. /rant

PS: Right now, connection sucks, taking forever to download even the Hub file from browser. This is fun. Instead of using the Unity editor (which I downloaded when connection was stable), I am waiting to download this Hub to use it. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

No, you can create it with that name and change it in Windows explorer afterwards.

The Hub is not that bad you know. You can also stick to the versions of Unity that don't need it too.

3. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Oh? I didn't know that.

I am using 2018 for a stable project but wanna use 2019 for something else. I'll give it a try then, thanks.