Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

So, Entry Node transitions of the base layer are completely useless?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Maou_, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Maou_

Maou_

I always find so helpful that inside of sub state machines, I can make various transitions from the entry node to the states, it's a really good feature that helps to keep the animator clean and beautiful. But one thing that triggers me is why we can't do the same to the Entry node of the base layer just like this?
    upload_2022-2-5_7-33-25.png
    What bother me more is that we can visually do it, but it won't gonna work on the game, if that's won't gonna work, why the engine even allow us to create those broke transitions!?
    That just makes the animator much more confusing and a lot of peoples have trouble and waste time trying to figure out why they transitions aren't working. And because they can't make that work as it should, they are forced to use ugly "solutions", like this:
    upload_2022-2-5_7-54-0.png
    My mainly question is: Unity have plans to add this feature in future? Or at least, prevent the user from creating broken transitions from the entry node of the base layer?