Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Snowflake - ACCOUNT_EVENT -> EVENT_JSON data type change

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by JoeySpringlab, Nov 22, 2023.

1. JoeySpringlab

JoeySpringlab

Hey,

We are using the data access feature to make all data accessible to Snowflake and have been using this successfully for an internal dashboard.

Recently we have come to a semi-stop though. We had to jump through some loops for our dashboard, because every single event is put into a single table (ACCOUNT_EVENT) and well.. This grows huge over time and through snowflake, it will take some time to execute.

Through another data integration platform, we are able to speed up some of it, but they seem to have issues processing the EVENT_JSON column in Snowflake, which is of type VARIANT.

My question is, is there a way to change this from our side? While the other party is looking into supporting VARIANT types, I am looking in what I can do to speed up the process of finishing our internal dashboard.

I kind off doubt this is possible/feasible and after reading up, I see that VARIANT is the most logical type. But perhaps it could be a temporary solution for us until they support the VARIANT types.