Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Games SnowBallFPS - WIP - Would appreciate any feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by khos, Nov 8, 2019 at 9:22 PM.

1. khos

khos

Hi,

Having a go at making a multi player game, having snowball fights (which I love to do in real life, who's with me on that :) ).
    I'd really appreciate your feedback on the gameplay video below:

You can dig/collect snow for throwing it at opponents, when digging the ground can deform, e.g. you can also dig holes to hide in or build a small wall for defence. Added upgrades like fire-drum to get warm again(health), faster throwing/running, bazooka that let you launch much bigger snowballs.

I still have a couple things to add like add a tutorial, better client disconnect code, sound, game play types (capture the flag),more upgrades, but I believe it is about 90% there.

Feedback would be most welcome.
    Also, would anyone be up for a Beta / early access test round via Steam? I'm trying to get it on there near Christmas time.

Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 10:49 PM
    warthos3399 likes this.
  2. warthos3399

warthos3399

A fire/"bonfire" has always been a way to re-gen heath, so kudos with that, the multi-player looks great!

khos likes this.
  3. khos

khos

Hi warthos3399, thanks for your feedback, appreciate it!

warthos3399 likes this.
  4. warthos3399

warthos3399

Love the animation and the concept itself, only thing i can point out is its a bit hard to see the snowballs when throwing them, now the snowball cannon is fine, as they are travelling faster.

Nice work, keep kickin! :)

khos likes this.
  5. khos

khos

Cool! Thanks for the feedback. The normal snowballs are hard to see as in the video I have 4 instances of the game running on one localhost, spilt them into small resolution versions to fit them on screen :) At full screen I think they will be easier to see.

warthos3399 likes this.
  6. khos

khos

Testing the invisible cloak upgrade:
    Invisible-cloak.PNG
    Still have to work out the networking code to sync the colours on all clients...
    But I think this will make it more difficult to spot you, sneaking up to opponents could be more fun.