Search Unity

Snow Leopard on PC

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by malnar1996, Mar 12, 2011.

1. malnar1996

malnar1996

Hello.

I was just fooling around with Unity when my brother asked me if I can make an iPhone game in it. I said: "Sure", but when I checked, it said: "Building iOS apps is not supported on Windows". I have a PC. I was wondering if I could make iOS app if I installed Snow Leopard on my computer. I know it's hard but it's possible.

Has anyone tried this? Thank you

2. Tudor_n

Tudor_n

It's against Apple's TOS and you would also need to buy the license to Unity iOS. Google it for more info.

3. EyeSix

EyeSix

Azzogat is exactly right. I definitely wouldn't point you in the direction of VMWare as that doesn't support OSX officially...

4. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Yeah, and to add to that, I definitely wouldn't recommend going and downloading VMware fusion demo on the mac to take the VMware tools dmg out of it to use on the VMware mac os guest to improve the speed of it and fix the resolution and sound issues, cause that would just be silly..

5. nggs

nggs

Unity's license engine doesn't fully support Virtual Machines, and I've experienced it thinking it was a new machine. It actually did this several times then errored stating that I had it installed on too many machines. Support was of course very helpful, but clearly VMWare isn't without problems. I ended up buying a macbook and finishing my game in 2 weeks; I'd been spending so much time tinkering with a barely working machine or sorting out problems that I didn't realize how much of my development time it was eating in to. I'd gotten very good at building a mostly working hackintosh though.

6. xperience89

xperience89

I managed to install Snow Leopard on my PC after 3-4 days of trying. I used:
    - Iso of Hazard MacOS Intel Only SE2/SE3 10.6.6i
    - VMWare Workstation
    - Darwin_iso (boot loader on vmware)
    - Partition HPSF (made ​​under the Mac OS installation)

Basically, I followed some tutorial to succeed, no network adapter is only supported for my PC, so
    I turn on PdaNet, free tools for transforming its wifi Ipod / Iphone source
    Internet. With some research and trying - mistakes you can make it ^ ^
    I'm building a custom tutorial, but at lost time, so the better to do is googling ^ ^