Search Unity

Sniper starter porject

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rachan, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Rachan

Rachan

Tags are missing when upgrade to unity 5.x sometime
    the solution is you have to add all following tags by manual
    "Bullet" "Enemy" "scene"
    tagmissing.jpg
    and
    Tag "Enemy" to all zombies and enemies
    Tag "Bullet" to AS_Bullet prefab
    Tag "scene" to your terrain and an obstacles in the scene.

Sorry for the inconvenient.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. mkgm

mkgm

@Rachan:

Thanks for your replies.... and I'm sorry for boring you again.

The problem is not the shadow or the terrain, because the same problem (flickering objects) are present in Unity 4.

I made various test (following your suggestion and from julianr) but nothing...
    I installed "Unity 4.6.2f1" and imported your asset (latest version from Asset Store) but the problem remains the same.

Please refer to the image to see the flickering objects in the scene (Unity 4).
    I think the problem it's within the "FPSController.cs" script, because when I disable the script, the flickering effect disappear immediately.

Another info: when I press SHIFT (keep breath) for a few seconds the flickering effect disappear too.

Please help me.
    Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  3. julianr

julianr

Try this.. under your UFPS Camera (FPS Camera) change the clipping plane, maybe to 0.4. If its not that it may be something to do with the zoom settings.

4. mkgm

mkgm

Thanks julianr... but I'm not using UFPS. Just Sniper Kit.

julianr likes this.
  5. julianr

julianr

might still apply to your camera though.

6. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

do u have integration with easy touch 4 ?
    how to make camera bullet only for headshot ?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  7. Tomahawkppc

Tomahawkppc

Thanks, do the Dummy objects need to be tagged too?

8. webgrapx

webgrapx

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    vp_DemoManager.Update () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Demo/vp_DemoManager.cs:92)
    vp_FPSDemo3.Update () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Demo/vp_FPSDemo3.cs:82)

9. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

I bought this asset and did integrate with ufps but the zoom just takes on a normal gun zoom. On the demo its amazing but if you use it for ufps it doesn't work like the demos and also when i imported the ufps stopped working because of the project setting. I have seen a tutorial about a sniper that someone has made and even that zoom was waaaaaay better. Although i do like the bullet cam at least that worked so what i am asking how do you get the zoom working just like in the demos other wise if you can't with ufps i will now know i wasted my money on this.

10. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

This asset is not good at all the txt said RenderingFieldOfView 9 so i decided to change it to 1 it stayed at the normal gun zoom still it didn't even make any difference. While the game was on i decided to look at the weapon cam and it went from 35 to 1 which that should have been alot but it looked like this the same see the image a part from the sniper ring it is NOT zooming like a sniper should

Attached Files:

11. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

I decided to try another weapon but the zooming still stays the same when i manually changed the weapon cam out of game it works fine but it seems not working with ufps.

12. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Sniper doesn't actually at all and how i know is because i tried the free sniper tutorial for ufps and that zooms in as expected. The one that the scope don't fill up the screen is the free sniper tutorial i did on the advanced sniper gun and the other one is the advanced sniper kit so was wondering why does the free one has good zooming but the advance sniper kit one just has normal gun zooming. And yes the paid version one does look better but it doesnt zoom that much. Hope i get an answer here. Or doesn't this have anyone working on it no more.

Attached Files:

13. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

I also made the scope better now from the tutorial one. The weapon zoom on advance sniper kit needs to be changed if your working with ufps on this asset. The link to the free tutorial is https://redhwk.wordpress.com/sniper-rifle-with-ufps/ also to make the scope better add the GUI from weapon zoom in the tutorial script. I'm not sure if i am aloud to post the script because the GUI part is with the advanced sniper kit sorry. Hopefully this helps anyone that may have this problem but i still can't work out how i would do hold breath while zooming like in the demo. I think the owner needs to update this with better support for UFPS i'm afraid otherwise it would be an great asset to go with UFPS. Asset store does say it supports UFPS but what it didn't say is just the action cam is supported. Any coders may be able to fully get this asset working really well in UFPS but i am no coder.

14. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Another asset that you don't get support for

radiantboy likes this.
  15. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

Do you still provide support for this asset?