Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper starter porject

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rachan, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Rachan

Rachan

2. granada

granada

Great fun playing with this,Just something about being a sniper :cool:.Nice work.

Dave

3. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

It is awesome stuff mate. I had fun with example.
    I think if you add ;
    - Keep breath mode (as seen in bf with shift key)
    - Configurable zoom with mouse scroll (switch to 6x to 12x)
    - Semi-Auto (like XM110) example

Then, you'll have amazing product..

4. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you everyone.
    I'm so glad you like it, i will upgrade my package now.:eek:

5. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

Awesome :) Build on it some more and I will get it!

6. Rachan

Rachan

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  7. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

looks cool, any chance you will add a c# version of the scripts?

8. Rachan

Rachan

No problem, I will add C# version tonight.;)

9. johny

johny

With all the updates and the general greatness of this pack I will be picking it up in a few days time.

10. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

That means I will buy it in a few hours! :0 Thanks!

11. gv

gv

purchased... very cool asset....

and yes if you could provide C# scripts, that would be awesome... :)

12. Jolon

Jolon

Any luck with the c# version?

13. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi, Just saw you added the c# scripts, so went to buy it but purchase didn't complete on Asset Store and it looks like your asset is not even there anymore, has it been pulled out from Asset Store?

EDIT: Received email - Unity Asset Store purchase confirmation. Order number: ....
    Confirming purchase but cannot find the Advanced Sniper Starter Kit in My Stuff or anywhere in the asset store at all... I'll give it some time to see if the store sorts itself out

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  14. Archania

Archania

The link to the asset store comes up as Page not found. Not sure what happened with it.

15. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Any news Rachan about this Sniper Project missing from the Asset Store?

16. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I bought this on the asset store but can not find it anymore to download!?
    What happens to this and when will the promised c# version be available?

17. Rachan

Rachan

Sorry RandAIThor, It take long time reviewing.
    Now 2.1 Released, C# version and many feature included.

Thank you.:eek:

18. Rachan

Rachan

They disabled my package because the text on key image is wrong :neutral:

long time of fighting, today it released again with C# version.

:p

19. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Good to hear this :)

Some times it could be good to comunicate a little ;)

Do you have planed more features like pooling or mobile stearing or ... ?

20. Rachan

Rachan

Of course. the next step i will focused on mobile device.
    but first i have to get some Mac and licence for this plan. :)

21. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

22. AusAndrew19

AusAndrew19

Make this Unity 3.5 Compatible... Unity 4 SUCKS! :)

23. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Tried the demo, looks pretty cool. Would be even better if you added scope adjustments and wind. Any reason why it requires Unity 4.x?

24. mkuznesov

mkuznesov

hey you should fix the kill cam (your only two hands) and make the zombies attack you but like that I loved it

25. laurent-clave

laurent-clave

hello,
    I just bought this pack.
    It is really great !
    Is it be possible in v3.0 does not see the gun when I zoom?

26. raidermon213

raidermon213

! good project that needs a little more realism, here are some ideas:

-Select if you want to use bullet cam

Look realistic-zoom

Reload the gun-

-Select guns

THANKS!

27. Nosferatu

Nosferatu

The presets don't work with Unity 4.3.x They all do the exact same thing; view the bullet from space at the exact same speed.

28. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

Always get the same cam view way high over the top view ...
    As it is this thing does not work with new unity release i guess ,
    Fix or i want my money back plz , ty !

29. Harton

Harton

Exists some issue when a target is hitted and switched to ragdoll. Ragdool is being launched, it's a nonsense.
    I tried lower values on HitForce, masking bullet and ragdoll and comment lines where forces are applied but the behaviur stills being wrong.
    I've tried call Dead function and it works well but something wrong is happening when bullet is hitting.
    Increase weight helps but it's a awful solution.
    If CopyTransformsRecurse function on Status class is commented the behaviour is better.
    Please take a look about this, maybe we both can find a solution.

30. Harton

Harton

Ok, I've found the issue, it's on the BulletTime mode. Changing fixedDeltaTime to a lower value causes a less accurate physics and unreal behaviour. I'm trying to solve the relative issues of changing it.

31. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Hello
    Does this system work with raycast bullets or only projectile bullets?
    Do you have any instructions on how to integrate this with Realistic FPS Prefab asset? (raycast bullet)

Thanks

32. eridani

eridani

Can it be integrated with Realistic FPS Prefab even with projectile bullets? Might be a nice alternative to the raycast weapons in RFPS, where the player actually has to account for bullet travel time and trajectory.

The stock RFPS sniper rifle is too "instant" even over very long distances.

metaldc4life and RealSoftGames like this.
  33. LoonyBen

LoonyBen

Are there any plans to fix the update? The latest update only allows shooting three enemies, then after that they don't respond to the script. It activates the death sounds and particles but the zombies just keep walking. Maybe a manual on how to use the kit other than the bullet presets. The last version worked fine. Am I missing something new? Since there isn't a manual except for the use of the bullet I wouldn't know.

34. LoonyBen

LoonyBen

oh, i see. The new status script uses Random.Range to call the ragdolls, so it requires using at least two different deadbodies.

35. LoonyBen

LoonyBen

I'm giving up on this kit. I spent several hours scouring the code to no avail. After a handful of zombies, they quit dying randomly but the slowmo and death scripts are called. Does this even support Unity 4.5.5?

Is there a reason to use duplicate naming? ApplyDamage twice in Status

public void ApplyDamage (int damage, Vector3 velosity)
    {
    if (hp <= 0) {
    return;
    }
    hp -= damage;
    velositydamage = velosity;
    if (hp <= 0) {
    Dead (Random.Range (0, deadbody.Length));
    }
    }

public void ApplyDamage(int damage, Vector3 velosity, int deadIndex)
    {
    if (hp <= 0)
    {
    return;
    }
    hp -= damage;
    velositydamage = velosity;
    if (hp <= 0)
    {
    Dead(deadIndex);
    }
    }

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  36. Doctor_Neuron

Doctor_Neuron

I assume the developer abandoned this asset?

37. Doctor_Neuron

Doctor_Neuron

Don't forget about:
    Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_Bullet.cs(166,25): warning CS0219: The variable `pos2' is assigned but its value is never used
    Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_ActionCamera.cs(29,30): warning CS0414: The private field `AS_ActionCamera.initialDeltaTimeStep' is assigned but its value is never used
    Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_ActionCamera.cs(30,30): warning CS0414: The private field `AS_ActionCamera.initialMaximumDeltaTime' is assigned but its value is never used
    Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_Bullet.cs(30,22): warning CS0414: The private field `AS_Bullet.hitedaction' is assigned but its value is never used
    Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_Bullet.cs(33,22): warning CS0414: The private field `AS_Bullet.detected' is assigned but its value is never used
    Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_Bullet.cs(35,23): warning CS0414: The private field `AS_Bullet.runningLength' is assigned but its value is never used

38. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

I think so. I haven't gotten any replies by PM or on forum from dev. Still trying to integrate this with Realistic FPS Prefab. No luck

39. Doctor_Neuron

Doctor_Neuron

I was able to get it working, but with UFPS. I had to change the last line of the hit_head script to add Random.Range(1,2) and in Status I deleted the first ApplyDamage function and for some reason the hit_head script during a headshot would cause the enemy health to go to a negative number because it used a damage plus x3 multiplyer which always made the health -200 but the ApplyDamage function was only called as the enemy was shot so it would become negative and then the script would fail, that's why I changed the end of the snippet.
    . Still need to be about 15-20 Unity units from the enemy for the action camera to function. It looks like Unity wont accept a raycast length less than 15 units (4.6 anyways). You don't need the hit_body or hit_head tags, just the scripts attached to a transform or bone with a collider but make sure the body collider and head collider arent overlapping. and bullet_hitr attached to the root gameObject. If you have your enemy inside an empty game object then you need to drag the root gameObject into all the variables for the mainGameObject. One in bulletHitr and one in hit_body and hit_head or itll set the root object as your empty gameObject. Set the tag as Enemy and for the ragdolls set the layer to Ragdoll. I enjoy this kit so maybe I can help while he's gone since I had to memorize all the scripts anyways to get it working and I need to continue with it on my own game project. Also, you may need to have a minumum of two ragdolls in the status script but im not sure if that was a problem with Unity4.6 or not.

40. Doctor_Neuron

Doctor_Neuron

The only problem I see with UFPS is that it conflicts with the vp_Timer so I decided not to use it after all. I like the Status fuction to kill the enemy and replace it with ragdoll with head and body movements more realistic than most AI assets.

41. MrGky93

MrGky93

He why when i delete the terrain the action camera is top down modus??

42. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi, I followed the UFPS tutorial perfectly, but the bullet camera doesnt happen, did you test this with latest UFPS?

43. radiantboy

radiantboy

Ok so it seems you need to be very far away for it to work! Its kind of hard to be that far away with a normal gun , and it doesnt actually seem to work like the demo (I dont see the bullet in flight properly), Im assuming it is the distance. Also is there a way to get the actual full sniper rifle and zoom etc into UFPS? Or is it just the bullet cam that is compatible ?

PS I am assuming some problems are down to the fact that I wouldnt let it overwrite my project settings, Unity should really devise a way to merge these better. Could you tell me what I need to enter so I can do it manually?

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  44. radiantboy

radiantboy

does anyone know how you swap the human body out for other ones? ideally mixamo people? goes crazy when I try.

45. radiantboy

radiantboy

So I eventually worked out how to use my own guys with this. Easiest to copy what scripts they have paste over all the vaues find the hit colliders on the head and body copy them over too etc. Take a fresh version of your guy ragdoll him with mass about 75kg. And then swap him in for the deadbody on the script of the original guy. Took me a while to get it right but it seems to work almost correctly. The camera doesnt seem to follow as nice sometimes, but my main problem is that when the ragdoll is swapped in my guy sort of throws his hands in the air, its as if he going for the tpose but falling out of it. Looking at the code it seems like it should not matter what pose my ragdoll is in, but somehow it may, given that the example one is not actually in a tpose suggest it might have been a fix. Not sure how to actually pose a ragdoll without being a tpose, anyone encountered this when swapping their own rag dolls in? Anyone spoke to the author ? :)

46. radiantboy

radiantboy

Anyone got any thoughts on how you could adjust this system to auto aim? I have been trying to adjust the controller script to do that but I cannot get it right:

instead of:
    FPSmotor.Aim (new Vector2 (Input.GetAxis ("Mouse X"), Input.GetAxis ("Mouse Y")));

I tried:

Vector3 screenPos = FPSCamera.WorldToScreenPoint(enemies[0].transform.position);
    screenPos = new Vector3(screenPos.x,screenPos.y -Screen.height);
    FPSmotor.Aim(screenPos);

Anyone know why that didnt work? Or have a working solution :)

47. mkgm

mkgm

@Rachan,
    I need your help.

I'm using "Advanced Sniper Starter Kit" (by the way, nice asset, I love it)

The problem:
    I have some ugly artifacts with the shadows and other objects in my game when using ASSK.
    The artifacts (shadow flickering) appears even in the "Demo" demo.

Some info:
    * Advanced Sniper Starter Kit 4.2a (latest version from Asset Store)
    * Unity 5.1.1f1
    * Windows 7

Thanks in advance.

48. dhondi

dhondi

The kit raising errors for me

AS_Bullet.cs on line 206:
    if (tagCheck (casterhits .collider.tag) && casterhits .collider.tag != this.gameObject.tag)

UnityException: GameObject has undefined tag!
    AS_Bullet.RunningDetectTarget () (at Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_Bullet.cs:321)
    AS_Bullet.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/AdvancedSniperStarterKit/AdvancedBullet/Scripts/Core/AS_Bullet.cs:142)

Attached Files:

49. julianr

julianr

Looks like a lighting issue. On your Direct Lighting, reduce the shadow strength or increase/decrease bias which should do it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  50. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you for the question and sorry for the inconvenient.
    Please check Material on the terrain, then change it to "Built In Standard"
    terrainFix.jpg

and another solution here http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/917947/terrain-shadow-issue-in-project-upgraded-to-50.html

unityunity