Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SNIFF - public interactive dog installation

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ksobecka, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ksobecka

ksobecka

Sniff is an interactive public projection in a storefront window: an animated dog follows passers-by, discerns their behavior as friendly or aggressive, tries to engage them in a play and forms a relationship with them based on the history of the interaction.
    Check out Sniff in action and find additional info, updates and details at: http://www.gravitytrap.com/sniff

Built with openFrameworks and Unity3d.
    Sniff is a project by Karolina Sobecka with software design by Jim George.

Sniff will be hosted by The Change You Want To See gallery during the Conflux Festival in New York.
    September 18-20th
    84 Havenmeyer Street, Storefront, Brooklyn, NY 1121

Sniff is also going to Louiseville! Hosted by Gill Holland during the Idea Festival.
    Staring September 26th. Exact location and dates TBD.
    Please check Sniff blog for updates and details.

Attached Files:

2. AaronC

AaronC

Very cool. Its amazing what Unity can do!
    AC

3. chaoticheartld

chaoticheartld

I love seeing interactive art, like this, being produced. With how much technology and interaction with that technology has become a major pillar of our society, it seems only natural that art evolve to mirror that. It also seems to bring the art to life just a bit more than had it been stagnant and set to one form of interaction. Imagine if the Mona Lisa had been designed to vary her iconic smile based upon the interaction of those viewing her.

The fact that Unity makes this process that much easier is a strong example of just how great this tool is.

{Runs off to eagerly await the day when interactive art, like this, replaces the sculptures in front of large office complexes or the murals on the walls of small businesses.}

4. OXYGEN

OXYGEN

That is just brilliant!

5. Sandor

Sandor

very, very nice :D a cool concept and a very innovative idea...

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

6. Jim Offerman

Jim Offerman

So... where can I buy one for in my window? ;)

Awesome piece of work! I'd come and see it for real, if NY weren't halfway across the world for me...

7. asterix

asterix

8. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

This is absolutely amazing! I love it. Was OpenFrameworks difficult to use with Unity? I've always had a strong interest in installations, but never got it together to actually build one... maybe now is the time!??

I love the way your dog interacts. So well done - I wish I had a store I could go stand outside and play fetch with!

I looked at your other videos and I really do feel that your work is something inspiring - you just gained a fan :)

9. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Actually... any chance you guys could share with the Unity community the process of hooking OpenFrameworks up to Unity3d? I'm sure there are many of us who would be hungry for this information :)

10. obviousjim

obviousjim

For anyone interested, I have published a small example project showing how to receive OSC messages in Unity3d. This is the method we used to connect openFrameworks to Unity, but OSC is so widely used that it really opens up a lot of possabilities for communication with other applications.

Hope some find it useful! See the file attached to this thread:

http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=212125#212125