Search Unity

Official Snaps - Prototyping, Art, and Art HD

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewAssetStore, Sep 17, 2019.

1. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

I can only imaging how much effort it took to get to that point (and I'm sure there are other prefabs that need fixing). The problem is, you (or anyone) shouldn't have to do that.

Snaps is an unmitigated disaster. Unity should either fix it or get rid of it all together. Keeping the assets and pages around is the equivalent of false advertising and deceptive.

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

Just got this mail about asset store publisher updates:

Accepted Unity versions

July 20, 2022

As the Unity Editor keeps evolving, we have updated the lowest Unity version required for new packages and updates. New assets must use Unity version 2020.3 LTS or newer. Assets which are already published should use Unity version 2019.4 or newer. Publishers may want to consider removing package uploads from previous versions, as our editor version usage data indicates that fewer than 4% of our users are using 2018.x or previous versions.

Maybe Unity should consider making the Asset Store Originals free. Or update them to work with current versions. I'd love to toy around. But I can't be bothered to purchase something that definitely won't work when I install it.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Snaps should soon be deprecated (and refunded tbh) or made free because most of them only work in 2018.4, an editor version that went out of support a while ago. It is a shame, they had much potential.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. Rowlan

Rowlan

I rather hope it'll be free. I mean, the Harbor asset could be a nice showcase with the upcoming water system.

Deleted User likes this.
  5. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

Let me ruin your dreams.... Support answer...

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Unity must definitely make these assets free, looking at unreal, they have a complete quixel library for free!! Here we don't have anything, and instead, it's very expensive (compared to other options on assets store) and unmaintained!! They must also make the speedtree library free!! These assets really help in quick prototyping inside the engine!!

7. Rowlan

Rowlan

It's not a dream, it's rather wishful thinking that Unity would consider something the community could benefit from and implicitly push the engine. I know it won't happen. Just look at what happened to the most awesome Book of the Dead asset. It's gone. Never to return.

8. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Agreed, the last thing Unity seems to consider is the Unity community when it comes to these things. I don't care about support but make the assets available. I'm sure someone is saying that people will leave bad reviews (or questions in reviews) but deprecating assets is ridiculous when other assets you charge for are entirely broken. I don't accept this behavior from commercial vendors so why are we accepting it from Unity? They're in control of their own assets. Just release them to the store and mark them AS-IS with no support. I'd be happy with that.

CommunityUS likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Asset store originals is dead and all its SNAPS art assets are gone and no longer available on asset store, i wonder what's going to happen with those hundreds of assets, those shouldn't just go in vain like that:(, unity must create a library of those assets and give it for free, just like how unreal does...

CommunityUS, anorak3 and Romaleks360 like this.