Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Snaps - Prototyping, Art, and Art HD

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewAssetStore, Sep 17, 2019.

1. emrys90

emrys90

I'm trying to use this in a VR project with single pass stereo rendering, but I'm getting a weird double vision issue. If I close one eye it looks fine, if I switch to multi pass rendering instead it looks fine. Does anyone know how to resolve this for single pass rendering?

EDIT:
    Nevermind, it was an asset bundle issue that is unrelated to this asset.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. Feartheway

Feartheway

Unity is an amazing thing especially for people learning and cross platform using standard pipeline.

I love what snaps are doing but I hope they can see that they need to make a high quality standard render optimised version.

Unfortunately the HDRP and URP are not properly cross platform or stable enough. This results in artists like snaps creating amazing quality assets in an unstable platform and getting locked into specific unity versions.

I hope this can all be rectified. Snaps should provide a standard asset version with all the fancy non compatible unity version specific HDRP and URP stuff. Its not that hard to optimise down the textures and renderers to the standard pipeline once all the hard work has been done making the assets as high a quality as possible.

It took me about a month to take the book of the dead HDRP and put the textures / renderers into standard with acceptable above average results. This is what I intend to do with snaps stuff. Its just a bit time consuming. But in the end you get something special that is crossplatform and independent of the unity version.

Some people dont bother with the quality of textures and renderers for standard version and that is a mistake. You can take the high quality textures and as long as you find a strong renderer / shader you can get fabulous results in standard. Its just another step / link in the design chain that people skip at their peril. I think some people consider standard the slum option and dont bother or put any effort with it.

Bioman75 and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  3. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

Feartheway likes this.
  4. LeoBos67

LeoBos67

Any ETA for Sci-fi Urban update and Car Park update compatible with 2019.4?

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

Toyed around with the Asian Garden and the Black Dragon from the UAS and Kachujin G Rosales from Mixamo. Used HAP for Character movement.

ag 1.jpg
    ag 5.jpg
    ag 3.jpg
    ag 6.jpg
    ag 7.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

I thought I'd make a video of a little walk-through

In general the asset is awesome, but since it's from Unity I rather would have expected a bit more, e. g.

* Cherry Blossoms
    * Wind, plants waving
    * Ambient Sounds
    * Day/Night Ambience with Lanterns lighting and waving or even flying in the Wind
    * much better Water
    * Interior

7. Laamato

Laamato

I am also interested in knowing if the Unity team is committed to supporting SNAPS packs in later Unity versions.

virgiliu likes this.
  8. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

still waiting for latest HDRP support

virgiliu, Bioman75 and jashan like this.
  9. andrekrit

andrekrit

Any update on Unity 2019 and 2020 compatibility?

jczaban and virgiliu like this.
  10. virgiliu

virgiliu

When will Snaps Art HD | Asian Residential be updated to be compatible with 2019 LTS?
    The product page says "Supported Unity versions 2018.4.0 or higher" but that's a lie. It doesn't work with 2019.

jczaban likes this.
  11. Joddi_ll

Joddi_ll

Any update or plan on Unity 2019 compatibility?

jczaban, Phazorknight and virgiliu like this.
  12. radiantboy

radiantboy

Id like to know too, I paid a lot of money for these and they arent using standard shader. When I try to change that it breaks, so basically unusable.

jczaban likes this.
  13. Laamato

Laamato

RabidBat, Rowlan and Phazorknight like this.
  14. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

I guess there are no reason wait for latest HDRP updates because of lazy developers. I'd better bring my money to Kitbash3D or Manufactura K4.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish...

jczaban and Phazorknight like this.
  15. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

16. Phazorknight

Phazorknight

Wow, this is sad and infuriating to see.
    I have a couple of the Snaps Art HD and none of them work in Unity 2019 or 2020.

So many other assets by smaller developers get shader updates for URP/HDRP and the likes, but these expensive "high-qualilty" assets are dead on arrival.

I thought they'd have better support, given that they are first-party Unity assets, but seems like they are now just forgotten.
    No updates, no news, nothing. Yet they still are on sale on the store and sometimes even advertised for...
    Very disappointed.

jczaban, Meceka, Rowlan and 2 others like this.
  17. Rowlan

Rowlan

Has anyone managed to have the Bamboo of Asian Garden wave in the wind?

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

Found a new dragon to toy around with in the Asian Garden :D

sa1.jpg
    sa2.jpg
    sa3.jpg
    sa0.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Bioman75 likes this.
  19. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Still no update of anything...

Bioman75, jczaban and Phazorknight like this.
  20. racso20062

racso20062

Hi, I'm trying to put some assets of snaps with unity 2020.2.4f1 or 2020.2.5f1, such as Snaps Art HD Sci-fi Urban or the Snaps Art HD Asian Garden among many others of snaps art.
    but in all of them more or less the same happens to me, in some the prefab is invisible, in others it is all white and in others all pink, the most common is that they are invisible
    I have started a new project only with the Snaps Art HD Construction Site asset but the exact same thing happens to me, nothing is visible or some things are white. the objects seem to be well created with their collider, mesh rendere, materials and everything else needed, but it is not displayed.

in console I get these errors:

-289 warning error like this: Library \ PackageCache \ com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.2.0 \ Runtime \ RenderPipeline \ HDRenderPipeline.Prepass.cs (398,20): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RenderGraphResource' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

- 256 alert errors like this: Identifier uniqueness violation: 'Name: ExcavatorMachine_TrackB_01a_snaps005_LOD0, Type: Mesh'. Multiple Objects with the same name / type are generated by this Importer. There is no guarantee that subsequent imports of this asset will properly re-link to these targets.

-1 warning error like this: Import parameters got modified during import

Anyone knows how can I Solve it?

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  21. bthanse

bthanse

None of thenm support 2020. Use 2018.4 and 2019.3
    If you read on the description of the assets: Sci.Fi Urban: This is an HDRP package. Compatible with Unity Editor 2018.4.

Due to changes in HDRP, this package currently is not supported in 2019.x but we are working on bringing the content to the most recent 2019.x release soon.

Asian garden: This asset requires HDRP package in order to work correctly.

Required Setup:
    - Unity Editor version 2019.3 and above
    - HDRP version 7.2.0 and above

22. racso20062

racso20062

Well, it is not possible to make it work in 2020 in any way?
    a shame because I need this version to apply the openXR

They are only adapting it to 2019 and not to 2020?

a shame and I'm disappointed but thank you very much for your quick response

Phazorknight likes this.
  23. racso20062

racso20062

resuelto: si crea un proyecto base HDRP para que se cree el HDRPDefaultResource e importe cualquier snap art excluyendo los hdrpdefaultresources, los scripts y no realiza la instalación, funciona en las versiones 2020.

24. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Yeah may be when Unity abandon Standard RP and HDRP... half of the mess will be gone then !

25. Javiiillar

Javiiillar

Any news for those who want to use it on Unity v.2020 with URP?

26. Bioman75

Bioman75

Love how we can't even use all the Snaps Art assets in the same version. Unity kills me day by day.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    MadStuntman and Vagabond_ like this.
  27. ayushshreshthi41

ayushshreshthi41

I have imported snaps art HD Asian residential version 1.2.0 - September 14, 2020
    unity editor- 2020.1.7f1
    system- RAM 8 GB ,1 TB HardDrive, 64-bit x64 based processor intel i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
    I can't see any model after importing in my unity project.
    there are only colliders, not models. (please see attached screenshot)
    please help.

Attached Files:

28. bthanse

bthanse

"Compatible with:
    - Unity Editor 2018.4

This is an HDRP package. Compatible with 2018.4.
    Due to changes in HDRP, this package currently is not supported in 2019.x."

I think you must import it in 2018.4 in the HDRP template. Does not support heigher ver.

29. Zillus

Zillus

Bought some of these packs before render pipelines were a thing. Finally have a use for one of them, and went to to download it to discover it's HDRP-only. It's bananas that packages released by Unity don't cover both render pipelines and don't even support the latest HDRP.

radiantboy likes this.
  30. bthanse

bthanse

You can change the material so it works with Post Prossessor stack 2. Here I have done it. https://forum.unity.com/threads/snaps-prototyping-art-and-art-hd.746459/page-3#post-5640625

31. radiantboy

radiantboy

I bought a few of these but the download ALWAYS fails, real shame. Its like the unnity downloader has no error correction or resume etc.

32. nagendrababur

nagendrababur

Hi All,

This package will support URP and HDRP?

Thanks!

33. radiantboy

radiantboy

I think so yes, was purple using built in.

34. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Just noticed all Snaps packages are now deprecated and removed from sale on Unity Asset Store. In fact the whole "Asset Store Originals" publisher is now gone: https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/40268

Apparently their Icon Collective "brand" is still up with two packs: https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/39449

Would be nice to know what happened here, was there some issues with the asset rights or did Unity just pull the plug because nobody kept these up-to-date?

Rowlan likes this.
  35. radiantboy

radiantboy

I got a refund for one, I will get the other one too, you can ask them. They said something like they didnt have the technical people under contract to do fixes/updates anymore. Its a shame someone went slightly overboard on these and didnt make them properly. I wanted to use the asian one but all colliders are broken, and the european food market one will its also a mess.

36. Rowlan

Rowlan

It would be nice if they could make them free for everyone though. They were good. Incompatible with their own engine, but one could manage to make them work.

37. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Considering Unity hired a third party studio to do them, there could be some revenue based deal that would prevent such deal (we wouldn't know):
    https://www.lemonskystudios.com/cn/news/lemon-sky-studios-x-unity-introducing-snaps-art-packs/

All in all, I totally expect all Snaps assets be gone for good. I had the harbour one on wishlisted myself, hence noticing them gone :D

38. bthanse

bthanse

Look like they are up now: upload_2021-9-6_17-51-51.png

39. Rowlan

Rowlan

I honestly wish it would stay down. Then it wouldn't be so embarrassing:

snaps.png
    2018 ... seriously :rolleyes:

radiantboy likes this.
  40. bthanse

bthanse

Do you not think it is possible to use them in 2019.4 or the latest LTS ? ;-)

41. Rowlan

Rowlan

They'll bring it to 2019 soon according to the description. By the way Alpha 2022 got released today :D

42. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

wait... they just deprecated all these and now they brought them back? I'm really curious what's going on here.

43. bthanse

bthanse

Here I use the Office that has only support for 2018.4 LTS in 2020.3 LTS at the end of the video:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  44. bthanse

bthanse

Here I use many of the SNAPS office prefabs in the 2020.3 LTS demoscene in every room to see how good it looks.

45. Rowlan

Rowlan

Looks like you didn't set the diffusion profile

dm.jpg

46. bthanse

bthanse

I only copy the prefabs and materials and moved them to 2020.3 LTS. I have look thru all the folders in the office folder in 2018.4 LTS, but can not see that it have a own diffusion profile ?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  47. bbacle

bbacle

I imported the Scifi/Industrial asset into Unity 2021.1.10 & in the Tools>ProBuilder>Editor & others, almost all the options are grayed out. This is version 5.0.3 (the latest). Does anyone have a solution for this? I can't change the material or the color of anything.

48. Ender570

Ender570

Does anyone know if the prototype packs use the same models as the full version?
    Edit: Nevermind, they don't .. thought I could save myself some money by doing the materials myself :p

49. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Dear Unity,

Fix your S***. Make all Snaps packages free and update them to at least 2019 or 2020 (as you promised on your Snaps page saying you were going to make them compatible "in a few months" back in 2018).

Sincerely,
    The people that pay the bills (your users)

MadStuntman, Bioman75 and Romaleks360 like this.
  50. bthanse

bthanse