Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Snaps - Prototyping, Art, and Art HD

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewAssetStore, Sep 17, 2019.

1. emrys90

emrys90

I'm trying to use this in a VR project with single pass stereo rendering, but I'm getting a weird double vision issue. If I close one eye it looks fine, if I switch to multi pass rendering instead it looks fine. Does anyone know how to resolve this for single pass rendering?

EDIT:
    Nevermind, it was an asset bundle issue that is unrelated to this asset.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. Feartheway

Feartheway

Unity is an amazing thing especially for people learning and cross platform using standard pipeline.

I love what snaps are doing but I hope they can see that they need to make a high quality standard render optimised version.

Unfortunately the HDRP and URP are not properly cross platform or stable enough. This results in artists like snaps creating amazing quality assets in an unstable platform and getting locked into specific unity versions.

I hope this can all be rectified. Snaps should provide a standard asset version with all the fancy non compatible unity version specific HDRP and URP stuff. Its not that hard to optimise down the textures and renderers to the standard pipeline once all the hard work has been done making the assets as high a quality as possible.

It took me about a month to take the book of the dead HDRP and put the textures / renderers into standard with acceptable above average results. This is what I intend to do with snaps stuff. Its just a bit time consuming. But in the end you get something special that is crossplatform and independent of the unity version.

Some people dont bother with the quality of textures and renderers for standard version and that is a mistake. You can take the high quality textures and as long as you find a strong renderer / shader you can get fabulous results in standard. Its just another step / link in the design chain that people skip at their peril. I think some people consider standard the slum option and dont bother or put any effort with it.

Bioman75 and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  3. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

Feartheway likes this.
  4. LeoBos67

LeoBos67

Any ETA for Sci-fi Urban update and Car Park update compatible with 2019.4?

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

Toyed around with the Asian Garden and the Black Dragon from the UAS and Kachujin G Rosales from Mixamo. Used HAP for Character movement.

ag 1.jpg
    ag 5.jpg
    ag 3.jpg
    ag 6.jpg
    ag 7.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

I thought I'd make a video of a little walk-through

In general the asset is awesome, but since it's from Unity I rather would have expected a bit more, e. g.

* Cherry Blossoms
    * Wind, plants waving
    * Ambient Sounds
    * Day/Night Ambience with Lanterns lighting and waving or even flying in the Wind
    * much better Water
    * Interior

7. Laamato

Laamato

I am also interested in knowing if the Unity team is committed to supporting SNAPS packs in later Unity versions.

virgiliu likes this.
  8. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

still waiting for latest HDRP support

virgiliu, Bioman75 and jashan like this.
  9. andrekrit

andrekrit

Any update on Unity 2019 and 2020 compatibility?

jczaban and virgiliu like this.
  10. virgiliu

virgiliu

When will Snaps Art HD | Asian Residential be updated to be compatible with 2019 LTS?
    The product page says "Supported Unity versions 2018.4.0 or higher" but that's a lie. It doesn't work with 2019.

jczaban likes this.
  11. unity_J5-NwkNpFGvDew

unity_J5-NwkNpFGvDew

Any update or plan on Unity 2019 compatibility?

jczaban, Phazorknight and virgiliu like this.
  12. radiantboy

radiantboy

Id like to know too, I paid a lot of money for these and they arent using standard shader. When I try to change that it breaks, so basically unusable.

jczaban likes this.
  13. Laamato

Laamato

Rowlan and Phazorknight like this.
  14. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

I guess there are no reason wait for latest HDRP updates because of lazy developers. I'd better bring my money to Kitbash3D or Manufactura K4.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish...

jczaban and Phazorknight like this.
  15. MitschMR

MitschMR

16. Phazorknight

Phazorknight

Wow, this is sad and infuriating to see.
    I have a couple of the Snaps Art HD and none of them work in Unity 2019 or 2020.

So many other assets by smaller developers get shader updates for URP/HDRP and the likes, but these expensive "high-qualilty" assets are dead on arrival.

I thought they'd have better support, given that they are first-party Unity assets, but seems like they are now just forgotten.
    No updates, no news, nothing. Yet they still are on sale on the store and sometimes even advertised for...
    Very disappointed.

jczaban, Meceka, Rowlan and 2 others like this.
  17. Rowlan

Rowlan

Has anyone managed to have the Bamboo of Asian Garden wave in the wind?

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

Found a new dragon to toy around with in the Asian Garden :D

sa1.jpg
    sa2.jpg
    sa3.jpg
    sa0.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Bioman75 likes this.
  19. MitschMR

MitschMR

Still no update of anything...