Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Snaps - Prototyping, Art, and Art HD

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewAssetStore, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PeppersGamer

PeppersGamer

Also the Dungeon asset should have half walls and half railings. Radial stair railings would be a plus.

Attached Files:

ron-bohn likes this.
  2. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

I've passed the info along to the team, and have this response:

Good suggestions. We will take a look and see if how these additions work with all the related parts and Snaps. We are currently working on updating the packs over the next few months and will definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

Please keep the feedback coming, it is very much appreciated and helps us improve

PeppersGamer likes this.
  3. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi Andrew. The introduction of ‘Snaps Prototype | APAC Garden’ says that it can be used with ‘Snaps Art HD | APAC Garden’, but I can’t find ‘Snaps Art HD | APAC Garden’ in AssetStore. Has the HD version been released?

4. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

It looks like it has not. The copy may need to be adjusted for the time being.

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  5. JBR-games

JBR-games

it would be nice if there was a SRP version. to me the whole idea of Snaps being a quick an easy asset to use goes out the window when we have to deal with HDRP. especially with the the issues HDRP currently has, and lack of ability to upgrade to newer version of unity.

markusj, Zante and AndrewAssetStore like this.
  6. io-games

io-games

Official art package released in 2020 does not support Unity 2019. Lol :D

2020-02-25_07-35-26.png

7. Vaupell

Vaupell

Tried it, love the idea, hate the execution of it.

Also using nonHDRP or light for that matter.
    Its a slow import process, and a huge task to adjust all the materials to nonHDR.
    Huge load on the machine while changing everything before even being able to use it properly.

Maybe once we get nonHDR packs availible, or light polys, sure.
    But as indie goes, its not really a big hazzle to create or build levels, but it's a problem getting nice materials :D

I dont feel i save anytime using snaps at the moment, but perhaps in the future.

f1chris, io-games and JBR-games like this.
  8. jashan

jashan

... and then, the packages are not updated after HDRP left preview, so basically, we now have a lot of high quality art that cannot be used in current Unity versions, illustrating perfectly what has been going wrong with Unity for the last few years.

I was a huge fan of Unity from 2007 until around 2012. I still published a book on Unity in 2015 (in German). But by 2020, Unity has become major cringe-material.

Turns out maybe a small, dedicated team is more suitable to develop quality products. Throwing millions at the problem apparently just gives us the equivalent of Windows DLL-hell. In 2020. Meh!

9. dhanxmhqbx

dhanxmhqbx

Snaps Art HD | APAC Residential
    I'm frustrated because most of the materials in this resource's model are empty. The materials of these models are not where they should be. The models are white. They don't have any gorgeous colors. They are totally different from the shop photos

I have to manually load the materials of all models, and some paths are totally incomprehensible, and the names are totally wrong.

This resource is not worth $100 at all, because it forces the buyer to do more work to restore the resource to normal,and many models cannot interact, such as doors, windows, drawers. You need to re separate the grid, which is unreasonable. If the price is $40, I can accept it, but it is too expensive.

PS: My project is unity 2018 4.14 lts version, and I still can't use the resource normally

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Kwwa likes this.
  10. dhanxmhqbx

dhanxmhqbx

Snaps Art HD | APAC Residential

Before you support 2019 HDRP material, please distribute the material of all models reasonably, correct the name of the required material (let us know the correct position of the material), separate the grid of windows, drawers and cabinet doors, so that it can interact. Instead of leaving everything to the buyer.
    Because the scene of the game is for players to interact, it is not just a background, mural.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    JBR-games likes this.
  11. bthanse

bthanse

Snaps Art HD | Sci-Fi Military Base
    When I imported it in a new project 2018.4.17 LTS. about 40 of the textures was pink. Opened the demo scenes and try to set the textures to HDRP Lit and HDRP LayeredLit. There are still some textures that are white, but shows up with textures on the pictures at asset store. How can I fix it ?
    And after I have Run And Build the demoscene,it are mostly white like the sun was on max, but when I run it in the editor it looks ok. Something wrong with post prossesing ? : Video here:

upload_2020-3-19_14-23-50.png

upload_2020-3-19_14-24-57.png

12. bthanse

bthanse

Thanks, it fixed it. Now all the grey can be edited.

13. bthanse

bthanse

Why did you do not tell me how easly it was to fix this ? Have figured it out by myself now. Doing some game that take place inside. upload_2020-3-19_15-41-55.png

14. shredingskin

shredingskin

They should also add the modular pieces, walls, interiors, sidewalks.

JBR-games likes this.
  15. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

In all fairness, I never said it was difficult. The information provided was exactly correct to my knowledge. The way I explained it was being as polite as I know how :) Glad you got it worked out!

16. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Are you developing games on non-LTS versions of unity? As of the date of your post (and today), Unity 2019 LTS is not out. It also says in your screenshot "Due to changes in HDRP". If you're suggesting they don't keep improving the engine, then I disagree with you. Art packages, particularly ones using default shaderS in Unity are very straightforward to move between versions and/or render pipelines. Seriously, it usually takes like 5 minutes depending on the number of materials and the process is dragging and dropping a few textures onto the appropriate material for your render pipeline / version of unity that you choose.

17. dhanxmhqbx

dhanxmhqbx

The point is that even in the stable version of 2018, some resource packs(Snaps Art HD | APAC Residential) don't work,
    I don't know whether the author released the resource without strict inspection. I only know that many people reported the problem of texture missing and the model turning white. This is what the author needs to correct. If we modify it, we will waste a lot of time. The author should check for errors in the published package. Now that 2019lts has not been released, they should have time to investigate this aspect, rather than wait for more and more problems.

18. dhanxmhqbx

dhanxmhqbx

The streets of Asia have Telegraph Pole and transformers......and more

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  19. bthanse

bthanse

Trying to get the materials ok in the Military Base. Where goes the ColorMask ?

upload_2020-3-22_20-41-26.png

20. bthanse

bthanse

Have doing some test, and it is strange that it looks better without the post prossing and scene settings.

21. markusj

markusj

I am trying to create a VR project with the Snaps Art HD Construction Site package with URP and am struggling with the transform process from hdrp. When I'm importing the vehicles from another project (resulting in pink models) I understood so far, that I have to change the shader for the material (resulting in mostly black models). Playing around with the surface properties helped a bit, but the material looks 'basic' (see pic).

Is there a good (beginner-friendly) explanation or tutorial for the transform of HDRP-models to URP? Are you planning to support URP in near future?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  22. Rowlan

Rowlan

I couldn't understand the many negative reviews of Snaps Art HD | Construction Site and just thought it couldn't be that hard to make this work in 2019.3, because i've made lots of other assets, especially legacy ones work. I couldn't have been more wrong.

And then I saw the files and came to a conclusion. Literally every asset has _snaps005 in the name. What sense does this make at all? It's like someone's Secretary did the naming. Seriously, this is the Unity showcase?

snaps005.png

Even the packagemanager has errors:

pm.png

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    jashan likes this.
  23. Rowlan

Rowlan

Well, the solution was to copy the AssetStoreOriginals folder into a new HDRP project, then it almost works in 2019.3. The only error left is this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in '[System 1]CameraSort': failed to open source file: 'Packages/com.unity.visualeffectgraph/Shaders/Common/VFXCommonCompute.cginc' at kernel CSMain at Dust.vfx(14) (on d3d11)
    I really hope you guys stop that unconventional naming of having everything snaps005 in it.

One suggestion I'd like to make. The skybox in Asset_Layout looks bad, it doesn't fit at all:

cs - sb.jpg
    I had hopes that this one wouldn't be in the actual scene. But it is in Construction_site and in order to camouflage the look, you make it blurry which results in a tilt shift effect, which doesn't fit at all:

cs - sb 2.jpg
    I tried another that comes with the asset, but seriously?

cs - sb 3.jpg

A proposal for a solution is Skybox Creator, an asset you have on your store. I tried and with a new created one your scene looks like this, I didn't wait for the light recalculation to complete:

cs - sb 4.jpg
    and

cs - sb 5.jpg
    You can distribute skyboxes created with Skybox Creator for free according to the description. You can get the one of the screenshots that I created from here for testing in your asset if you want. I don't want to advertise the asset, but the one that comes with the Asset Store Originals is just bad. Please add a proper one.

In case anyone has a fix for the dust vfx, please let me know. Thank you!

And it would be nice to be able to download only the assets, not the full project. Everyone can see that this approach leads to nowhere when the asset only works in 2018.x by the end of March 2020.

These 2 posts would have been my review ... I rather wait for improvement before I give the asset a negative one.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    P3ndragonLLC and bthanse like this.
  24. Rowlan

Rowlan

Apologies for image spam, but now i'm pleased, here's 2019.3.6f1, HDRP 7.3.1 with custom skybox and postprocessing :)

cs 1.jpg
    cs 3.jpg
    cs 4.jpg

25. bthanse

bthanse

I think the Military Base looks better in 2019.3 3D with extra than 2018 HDRP.

upload_2020-3-28_12-16-7.png

26. arcanereality

arcanereality

27. Rowlan

Rowlan

The models at least unless they use proprietary shaders. I don't have them all.

28. bthanse

bthanse

The Scifi Military base running in 2019.3 HDRP after copying folders.
    Some of the files like tx_air_conditioner_...... give me the messages that the filemane was to long, so not possible to copy. Maybe give them a shorter name and give them the right name after copy ?
    Still some other materials that need corrections.

Feartheway and Rowlan like this.
  29. shredingskin

shredingskin

The shaders created with shadergraph will work on 2019.3 (and 2020.1).
    Most of the stuff will work, you'll need to create a new sky volume and the post processing.
    The steps are quite simple, upgrade to latest hdrp, run the HDRP wizard, import the package (without package dependencies and the SSS settings), click upgrade materials.
    Check if there are materials that use diffusion profiles and recreate them.
    Assign the sky settings you created in the lighting window.
    Scifi.JPG

Some of the problems I've seen is that the decals projectors seem to have switched Y and Z scale axis. So they have bad rotations.

30. AlexV03

AlexV03

i downloaded the sci fi Industrial snaps prototype. i use progrid to make the map and when i place a floor and move it it keeps getting higher. so when i have a 30x30 floor they are not on even hights 1 is on for example 2y the other one on 2.8y why is that and how to fix it? please answer.

31. ZeBraNS

ZeBraNS

Hi,
    just a suggestion for the Snaps creative team, airport environment.

Something like this

Thanks

Bioman75 and JBR-games like this.
  32. Jinxology

Jinxology

I purchased the Dungeon protoype, and the skeleton prefabs don't seem to be working. When I drop one on the scene, only a small piece of the model shows up (it may be part of a chain or shackle?). If I try and copy/paste one from the sample scene, that doesn't work either. Is there something wrong with the skeletons?

33. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

This is regarding Snaps Art HD | Industrial Harbour.

Pretty much all the other assets I purchase (non unity) are on top of their game with standard and SRP (URP/HDRP). Take a look at nature manufacture for example, Standard, URP, HDRP, I don't know how these guys do it, as we all know its hard to keep up with unity's rapid improvement (no, no, I am not complaining, I welcome it!), but they do. Not sure what's going on with these, but after all these assets must have better access to other Unity teams (SRP) within Unity and one would imagine it would be easier for Asset Store Original to get up to speed than other asset store content creators.

This asset has a very specific requirement, exact version and HDRP so I doubt that majority can use this. And no matter how or what you say in the asset store description you know people are still going to buy it hoping they can somehow get this to work.

And please don't take this the wrong way, this rant is about the shader not the art asset itself. I think most of us are frustrated because these look so damn good but most can't use this.

Also remember that most art assets have a shelf life. They won't look so amazing forever, they will begin to look old as new and better technologies emerge.

Since this asset has the name Unity associated with it, and I have come to trust and respect the name Unity, I am still going to buy hoping they would rectify this near future -support latest SRP packages and standard RP.

Can we at least get a rough estimate on when you guys plan to update these packages, like a month, quarter, year?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Bioman75, MadStuntman, jashan and 4 others like this.
  34. shredingskin

shredingskin

About the Snaps Art HD Industrial Harbor, it's the only one I just couldn't make it work on 2019.3 (nor 2020).
    Opening up the scene takes minutes, and freezes the editor, the same with trying to enter playmode.
    No idea what it can be, I tried building the scene and it works (it even build faster than it takes to load up the scene (!).
    It's not about system requirements.
    Also the triplanar shader doesn't work as expected (and no water shader...).

35. Feartheway

Feartheway

What a beautiful hot mess this is :D are there any video tutorials on how to use the prototype asset with the full HD asset?

JBR-games likes this.
  36. Zante

Zante

Scared of purchasing this stuff considering how poorly packaged it seems to be. Which is a shame because I'd throw money at some of those assets if they weren't configured to work exlusively with HDR.

MadStuntman and jashan like this.
  37. Chefty

Chefty

Hi everyone,
    I'm having issues making baked GI work properly with this Snaps prototype asset. I get a lot of noise artifacts as you can see.
    I was wondering why the models are not provided so we can toggle Generate lightmap UVs option ? Do I have to buy the Snaps Art asset to get them ?

@Feartheway yes there is a bunch on youtube, like this one.

Edit: I finally fixed my issue. I replied to my original thread if anyone face the same problem.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  38. CornerCreations

CornerCreations

what's the point in any of these snaps packs if it makes the batch count at like 2000-5000? I was so excited to use these packs and after an overnight download, I had to replace all materials of every object. Only for it to use all the resources. Did anyone manage to figure out optimization properly with these assets?

39. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hey guys, i wonder if these assets are using custom shaders or are they using only the shaders come with HDRP. For example, if we get the Snaps Art HD | Industrial Harbour, and we do not care about the post processing are we going to be able to get objects rendered correctly in Unity 2019.3 and latest HDRP or the pack uses custom shaders that need to be recreated by the team ? What would actually take for us to get objects rendering correctly in 19.3 HDRP 7.3.1 ?

Cheers !

40. buFFalo94

buFFalo94

I haven't tested Industrial Harbour with 19.3 only with 18.4 and indeed it's use some custom shaders (3 or 4) but since it's use shader graph everything should work out of the box or maybe with small tweaking

Vagabond_ likes this.
  41. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Great, thanks for sharing that ! It does not sound bad !

42. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hey guys, i wanted to share experience with Industrial Harbour pack and Unity 2019.3 and HDRP 7.3.1...

Well actually i get it working in a few minutes in general. Even though there are some issues, you can still get it and use it in latest unity not that hard. The models look really detailed having proper LODs and colliders, at least from what i was able to test for 10 minutes...

* To get it working i had to go in package manager and remove the Package Manager UI package because there were only errors related to that package. The manager still works...

* There is then an object that has a missing script on the "Post-process Volume" object under the "Scene Settings" parent object in hierarchy.

* "Brick_Pallet_01" fbx has a material which is set to use the "Standard Shader". Devs should probably fix this !

* There are many small decals that are actually not rendered or it seems that are a little below the surface

upload_2020-5-19_18-44-24.png

However as a whole you may want to wait for 2019.3 support but in general you should be able to get the asset and start prototype... However i am also waiting for official 2019.3 support !

upload_2020-5-19_18-46-14.png

Bioman75 and io-games like this.
  43. shredingskin

shredingskin

@Vagabond_
    You didn't have problems opening the scene ? Also you don't get scrolling UVs in the floor with the triplanar shader ?
    The Decals problem is in all the packs, it seems they changed the rotation of how they worked, and the size, so you have to rescale them and rotate the decal projector.

44. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Yeah, i noticed some of the things before the post and some of them after.
    There seem to be issues with the pack actually.
    I am still using it as the type of the scene i am building is kinda hiding all of the issues.

About opening the scene, i had that issue where i had to wait a long time to get the scene opened, but was due to one of the prefabs of one of the warehouses. I fixed it and i am able to open the scene really quickly.

Still the pack needs to be updated for best design result, yep !

45. shredingskin

shredingskin

Seems like the new packs are updated to use 2019.3, so if they are planning to do the same with the other packs, please take the time and make the baked lod scripts have the same guid across all the projects, it's a pain having more than 2 packs and have hundreds of errors of missing scripts.

46. Bokus

Bokus

Hi,

Unity 2019 LTS is out, when can we expect all Snaps assets to be updated to this LTS version?

Kwwa, jashan, Bioman75 and 1 other person like this.
  47. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

48. spakment

spakment

49. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

spakment likes this.
  50. stevenpearce

stevenpearce

I absolutely love the idea of snaps, but I fear the assets will be deprecated and removed from sale before they reach a decent level of compatibility.

@AndrewAssetStore Can Unity Technologies give any commitment to make all snaps HD packages compatible with 2019 LTS versions? How about support for future versions?

I ask, because Unity does not have a good track record of supporting things outside of the core engine/editor.
    e.g. Download any demo or sample project; good luck to you getting it to work in a 2019 LTS release. These things are made once along with a fancy landing page then never updated.

Feartheway, jashan and StevenPicard like this.